the Rift

[OPEN] white water rescue

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Rikyn

I am bad at waiting, and that’s what this had become.

"Move!" I shout at a particularly stubborn, giant turtle lingering in the only decent place to cross the swift waters tumbling down the river bank, near the center of the swiftly flowing waters.  But, the turtle, either deaf or stubborn, pretended it didn’t hear – or, maybe, he was so slow that he was trying to move, and in my impatience, I just couldn’t bother to notice, or his ears will full of river mist.

I knew better than to try and cross this particular flow anywhere but here, having had a terrifying moment last winter, late in the season, when the long nights began to transition into long days, and the accumulated snow all across the realms was melting.  The run off had its usual places to flee to, this river being one of them, and while it is not the full fledged roar and rush of Birdsong, its close enough.  Either way, one mistake with such rapidly moving water and a fellow quickly figured out that it was best to avoid it, lest he not get anymore chances to make mistakes at all.

As if to answer my point, a large branch hauls into the side of the turtle quite suddenly, scooting the giant thing all of two foot over in the impact.  Despite my annoyance at his horrible placement, I can’t help but suck in my breath as one of his knobby little legs wobbles in the air for balance – I don’t want the stupid thing to get hurt, which is why I hadn’t just jumped on his hard back and continued on my way (other than that its also likely slick as ice up there with all this wetness).  The continuation of my breathing and that stalwart turtle’s infuriatingly slow progression across the water, and what had been a hopefulness that he didn’t topple over, into the maelstrom of stream, fading back into the annoyance that he’s still squat in my way.

I could try to jump over him, I think, but that ends in a small mental video of falling in – nope.  My ears flatten.  My golden hooves stomp.

"Moooooooooove!" I shout and moan, "I just want to cross the damn river!"

The turtle, irritatingly, looks back at me for the first time since I arrived here about twenty minutes ago to discover that my shortcut through this patch of meadows has been rudely cut off by a shelled beast.  If I’m not simply mad from frustration, I believe he just bloody well winked at me, the little fucker!

"Oh, oh that’s how it is!" comes a howl from my throat, my golden hooves kicking water from the edge of the swift stream at the turtle, most of the cascading droplets landing short by some foot and a half, but some meeting the mark.  Before I know it, I’m leaping from each of the flat, crossable stones along the raised, natural bridge through the river, all the annoyance that has bundled in me building, building, until at last, the turtle is within kicking range!

I’m pulling back one of my front legs for just such a delightful gesture as I prepare to leap over him (and hopefully not loose my balance as I land), ready in everyway to send him spinning into oblivion, when I realize that hey his foot looks awfully stuck…  My brakes try to slam into lockdown, but in combination with the fact that the rock I happen to be stopping on is mossy (slick as snot, I mean seriously) and that I’d not intended to stop at all (but for a slight hesitance as I punted the rude turtle to the moon) leave me in quite a predicament.

Churning for footing, finding none, my hooves shhhhlck, crack across the stone beneath me, my hindquarters pulled about behind me, the world itself becoming a dizzy arc as my heart slams violently from my throat to my belly and back to my chest.  The mist is blinding, but I try to keep an eye on the turtle, while also trying not to die.

I mean seriously, don't let me die...

When at last I stop moving, it’s to find myself splay legged with my front hooves literally teetering on the edge of a stone, my right hind ankle busted open in the struggle.  Thankfully though, I’m not tumbling down the stream, and as I look over to the turtle with my sides heaving, my eyes wide as “holy shit bro did you just see that?!,” I feel a smile of relief break over the half maddened situation going on with my face.  The flow of the cold water over my ankles is strong, dangerous, but a second and longer glance up close like this reveals that, yes, his foot is very stuck – the new problem I face being how to free him without killing myself in the process, rather than how to convince him to carry on with his turtle day.

What a predicament.

[ OOC: Goin' to save the turtle ~ he is near the southern end of the Thistle Meadow's river, standing on a ridge of stone in the water similar to this, though I imagine the stones are larger. :3 ]

Coding by Tamme - Image by Dingo

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
white water rescue - by Rikyn - 04-13-2016, 10:31 AM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 04-16-2016, 09:08 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Rikyn - 04-21-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 06-07-2016, 12:23 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Rikyn - 06-20-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 06-21-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Rikyn - 06-28-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 06-30-2016, 01:08 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Rikyn - 07-05-2016, 12:55 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 07-13-2016, 09:17 AM