the Rift

riiiight into the danger zone!

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Their children will learn to hope for a Caesar.

The Hidden Falls.

Mother had told me tales of a painted man, with golden armor, who lived here.  The man had saved her life, once, in the Heart Caves, and his act of kindness, of selfless love, had resulted in another of her devious plots.  While I hadn’t gone with the emissaries to forge the false alliance between one community and another, I also remember that her plan had only worked on World’s Edge, and Kahlua.

Ah, I think of the mare and smile.  She had let me play with her scorpion, a trinket quite obviously made by my father.  Despite being hornless, she was the first adult who had ever thought that gee, maybe he doesn’t want to stand here, listening to our adult chatter, which, at the time, was very, very true.  While mother had only ever called her an imbecile, I liked to think of Kahlua as the very opposite of the woman who had raised me, rather than simply an idiot.  From my experience, my mom was quick to condemn anyone who didn’t fit her perfect little molds, a lesson I wish to take forward into my life – that, sometimes, you can’t make them fit your prescribed ideals.

And that’s okay, isn’t it?

Why else did we have Gods, if they weren’t supposed to help out with those anomalies, the shepherds left by the True Gods to defend their honored people?  I’d already seen the Gods here deal with several fluctuations, their hearts reaching out to shelter people in a far away land, and while I believe the True Gods will reclaim the souls of their abandoned offspring upon their return to a cleansed Loorien, I also believe that the Gods, Helovia’s Gods, will handle all things until then.

I don’t think mother felt that way at all, as I stand and half doze in the quiet serenity of the scattered groves and meadows just outside the Earth’s realm, the tall, dark silhouette of the Deep Forest to my back.  I had been admiring the prettiness of this particular herd land from a distance, thinking about the one God of these kingdoms I hadn’t yet met, seen in all his abounding glory – but, like thinking often does, I’m now dozing in and out of consciousness.

So, shaking my head to clear it of the clouds accumulating within, I stretch, fore limbs pushing out in front of me, ass to the heavens, rising to wander the outermost borders of this Hidden Falls, a childish delusion that I might meet this Midas (dead, but how would I know that?) while I do so adding a particular bounce to my step.

0/3 | 443 words
[ OOC:  Thank you for the spar Timey Time!  Lessee we are out in front of the Falls.  Random groves dapple meadows, which are all layered in a thin covering of snow, some patches hiding ice.  Relatively clear weather with some clouds/light breeze.  Feel free to modify for wherever our kids roll up on one another!  ]

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
riiiight into the danger zone! - by Rikyn - 04-13-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: riiiight into the danger zone! - by Abraham - 04-17-2016, 06:56 PM
RE: riiiight into the danger zone! - by Rikyn - 04-19-2016, 12:18 PM
RE: riiiight into the danger zone! - by Abraham - 05-03-2016, 07:46 PM
RE: riiiight into the danger zone! - by Rikyn - 05-10-2016, 12:22 PM
RE: riiiight into the danger zone! - by Time - 06-23-2016, 08:35 PM