the Rift

[OPEN] leaving with a fat lip

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
I hadn’t made it far, only some few hundred yards, before the storm managed to increase its tempo (how was that possible?), and vision was reduced to nothing.  So, I’d pulled off the main trail to a cavern that was really more of an overhang, deep enough that some five feet or so within was covered only with the finest veneers of powdery snow, blown in by the rancorous gusts of the blizzard itself.  Like many ledges and rifts in the mountains, this one is overhung with Johnson grasses and moss, creating a sort of awning, saturated with ice; on sunny days, the cover would glisten and drip, but in the storm, its without shine, waving in a most abysmally slow fashion.

Sleep comes and goes, my left leg held on its tip, tail curved neatly about the crescent of my right hind.  It comes and goes because the wind occasionally bites in and rouses me, or because one of my various hurts decides to set to throbbing, as if some cruel pixie keeps sneaking in to poke at them with sharp sticks.  Occasionally, when I wake, I look back to my leg, see the red still running in a fine line from the gaping, heinous bundle of skin that is my left hip.  I wonder when it will stop bleeding, if ever.

I can’t help but think that its lack of blood that leaves me so weary, not the cold, not the droll wavering of the moss and grass cover of this ledge I hide beneath.  I also can’t help but be very aware of the truth that I lack any sort of skill in healing, having always had Lena or her gathering of nurses to run to before, and when I search my brain for those distant lessons alongside all her herbs, all I seem to be able to remember is how very, very beautiful Arah’s twin daughters were.

Maybe mother wasn’t always wrong to smack me in the head when she caught my attentions wandering, after all…

[ @Voodoo or a healer of some sort, maybe?  This is set after his fight with Volterra – he has three broken ribs, a very minor sprain to his stifle, and a good handful of bruises/lacerations, the most notable being a particularly bad bite along his hip region (oh la la flesh flap) from Verzes.]

there's no place to hide down here
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
leaving with a fat lip - by Rikyn - 04-20-2016, 12:14 PM
RE: leaving with a fat lip - by Aelin - 04-20-2016, 08:19 PM
RE: leaving with a fat lip - by Rikyn - 04-21-2016, 02:37 PM
RE: leaving with a fat lip - by Aelin - 04-23-2016, 12:25 AM
RE: leaving with a fat lip - by Rikyn - 04-27-2016, 09:57 AM
RE: leaving with a fat lip - by Aelin - 05-04-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: leaving with a fat lip - by Rikyn - 05-09-2016, 12:41 PM
RE: leaving with a fat lip - by Aelin - 05-15-2016, 12:24 AM