the Rift

[OPEN] Run, Run Lost Boy

Daetiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

My time in Helovia so far had been uneventful, the nagging loneliness of my beloved magic being gone constantly tugging at my heart strings even in the midst of a very, very welcoming herd was enough to drive even the most sane of mares mad. And I was the furthest from the most sane. Solid, black ears flicked back into tresses that were slowly, with a lot of work, becoming less and less travel tangled as I thought over the lack of sanity dancing around in the empty ballroom between my ears. Surely at some point I had to be a little less crazed than I was in this current state? Or had my magic always been my anchor to reality? I chewed on the inside of my cheek while wandering northward, unsure of where I was going but going there none the less.

Emeralds shifted easily from side to side, taking in the beautiful lands of Helovia. Even covered in a thick blanket of snow there was no denying that come Spring when Winter lost her cold grasp on the world that things would be nearly breathtaking here. The flowers in full bloom and the birds singing in the sky, a gentle smile tugged at the corners of my spotted lips, hopefully by then I would have found Oultik and we would begin out plan on how to return to the rest of our band of merry men. A cloud of steam billowed in front of me momentarily before fading into nothingness as the air cooled down once again, well muscled neck arched as I brushed my lips against the piece of carefully crafted jade that swung from a thin gold chain around my neck. Soon we would be together again and all would be well in the world.

Lost in my thoughts I didn't notice the pale grey egg that was half buried in the snow until my cloven hoof caught it, a chink filled the near silent air as it rolled a couple inches away, it's travels slowed by the thick blanket of snow. Bright green eyes lit up with curiosity as I slid carefully closer to the smooth egg, wary to hit it again on accident in case there was something of importance resting within it's protective walls. Peachy nostrils flared as my tiara dropped so velveteen lips could brush over the surface, pleased to find that there was still some warmth left within the egg. 

I looked up, curious to see if the mother of this infant was lurking somewhere nearby, waiting until my guard was down so she could destroy me for touching her child. But it seemed that we were alone in this winter wonderland, so with an easy sigh I laid in the snow. Creating a nest for the egg and myself by shoving snow away before stretching out to pull the pale grey closer to my body. Once I felt it was warm enough for travel, maybe I would bring it back to the Falls and see what others had to say about it's existence, if it was something important or something I should have just let die.

"Speech" 

daetiin
table by tamme | |art by TierRen | @open | finding her egg

Messages In This Thread
Run, Run Lost Boy - by Daetiin - 04-20-2016, 06:54 PM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Lyanna - 05-01-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Daetiin - 05-08-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Lyanna - 05-10-2016, 08:33 AM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Daetiin - 05-30-2016, 02:56 PM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Lyanna - 06-06-2016, 10:45 AM
RE: Run, Run Lost Boy - by Blu - 09-10-2016, 10:56 AM