the Rift

Oh I'll get some | Rikyn Challenge
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
With fire to keep us warm, and tools we made from rocks and bones

Gaucho might have grown weary as of late. We might say of him that he was sluggish to rise for his patrols, but never that he missed one. We might say that the darkness around his eyes had grown, indicating his exhaustion, but never that it effected his deligience. We might say that his gaze wandered often to the newly returned Sohalia, but never that it wasn't watchful of his herd. He was Gaucho the Wildfire after all. And he was always ready.

Misael was an easy enough target to follow, even from the skies. His head spy was a massive creature and boldly painted. Besides, the day was relatively clear if not a little overcast. Despite the harsh over-exposed lighting, visibility was good. And as it turned out, Gaucho's was not the only gaze fixated upon the unicorn that day.

The unicorn below - the one who was not a member of Gaucho's family - was dark, but flecked with gold. Gaucho assumed it was a he, judging by the size and build, but from his vantage point he wasn't entirely sure. Not that it mattered. He (presumably) blended in well with the dark warm rock of the Heart, but his golden attributes as well as the occasional forced foray into the snow which still lingered in Helovia, made him noticeable.

And what Gaucho noticed was that he was following Misael.

Why they no learn, Gaucho grumbled unhappily to both Mara and Vorsa. It wasn't as though Gaucho wasn't up for the challenge, for he was always up for a fight, but that it was, in a sense, pointless. Did the better half of Helovia not know that Gaucho's family were protected by him? That any sort of assault would be met with hostility. That he would never go easy, make exceptions, or be forgiving? They were his family. How could anyone think he would let it slide? The snake ignored this thought and continued to curl herself closer to Gaucho's skull. She didn't like the cold one bit, for it made her body sluggish and slow. Vorsa didn't mind the snow so much - she enjoyed allowing her bright orangey-red body to burst into flames melting what was around her.

Without any hesitation, the trio immediately descended. Gaucho did not call out to Misael, nor did he try to make his presence anymore known than what was already obvious. Gaucho after all, was a fairly noticeable target: a massive streak of brown and black shooting downwards on flaming wings from the skies.

The dun tried to position his descent between Miseal and Rikyn, with his forward momentum facing the hostile unicorn.

"YOU." Gaucho bellowed once he judged his was within earshot, his steely gray gaze fixed pointedly upon Rikyn. The Wildfire's wings beat to slow himself so that he would not crash land onto the rocky terrain. Fire arched out of Gaucho's already fire-bright wings, aimed towards Rikyn. The wave of fire crescendoed outwards stretching out 30 meters before dissipating. But Gaucho had waited until he judged himself to be well within 30 meters of the unicorn, hoping to either send him running with a singed ass as a warning, or to barbecue him where he stood if he was foolishness enough to remain.

Gaucho's blackened hooves landed with an odd elegance upon the snow-spattered ground, but his wings remained outstretched. "THROAT UNDER GAUCHO'S PROTECTION." He continued, his voice a deep and stern bellow, revealing none of whatever inward fatigue he might have been feeling. "LEAVE. THROAT. ALONE." Each word was punctuated with something like a snarl.

Gaucho is challenging @Rikyn for "leave the Throat alone" so no stealing from us. Immediately following Rikyn's failed stealth of Miseal.

Setting: Helovia's Heart (since it's the closest board to the Throat). The heart is warm, but there's still patches of snow on the ground. Over cast day. Probably around noon.

WC: 673
Attack: 1/4
Summary: Gaucho descends and tries to position himself between Rikyn and Misael. He throws a wall of fire at Rikyn, lands, and yells.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
Oh I'll get some | Rikyn Challenge - by Gaucho - 04-29-2016, 12:49 PM
RE: Oh I'll get some | Rikyn Challenge - by Rikyn - 04-29-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: Oh I'll get some | Rikyn Challenge - by Rikyn - 05-02-2016, 01:33 PM
RE: Oh I'll get some | Rikyn Challenge - by Rikyn - 05-11-2016, 02:21 PM