the Rift

[PRIVATE] to catch a spider

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
ARE WE WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SAVE US FROM BURNING TO DUST?
SHOULD YOU BUILD ALL YOU HAVE OUT OF NOTHING BUT ANGER AND LUST?

They walk in tandem; the beast and his woman, his dragons sailing lazily behind. The trees thicken and the sky darkens as the canopy blocks out the sun, but Volterra notices little about his surroundings save for what is necessary for him to avoid the obstacles nearby. He is focused fully on this intriguing mare who he was fortunate enough to stumble upon, musing over what he will do with her now he has her.

They talk as they walk; perhaps it would have been politer to converse before leaving the Threshold, but Volterra was keen to get her away from the vultures who might seek to swoop on her and steal her to their herds. Of course, they would have a fight on their hands if they tried to take his mare, but best to avoid the risk. "They are called dragons," he rumbles at her question, and both red and gold hum their approval at the awe she seems to hold them in. They are fickle beasts, and any woman who compliments them to their liking is satisfactory in their eyes, although they are still wary and hang behind the wandering duo.

As she mentions leading stallions on, his expression darkens but he fights to keep his tone level when he speaks. "I'd do my best to resist the urge to carve out his heart," he says darkly, only half-joking. She speaks of his ego and he releases a low, sharp chuckle, but does not remark further. That conversation led to his pace quickening, and now they are here; the Deep Forest. She asked for beautiful, and this is his idea of beauty. The haunting shadows, the creeping wild animals that lurk in the undergrowth, and the memories he holds of newborn dragons...

He slows in a clearing, little motes of sunlight still floating before his eyes and illuminating the ground before him. "This is the Deep Forest, dear Airlia. It is where I spend a lot of my time, and where you might well spend a lot of yours." He glances contentedly around at the forest. "What was your old land like?" He asks out of curiosity, and also a desire to know what his precious Helovia is competing with.

image credits

Set directly after this! @Airlia

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
to catch a spider - by Volterra - 06-02-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: to catch a spider - by Airlia - 06-16-2016, 01:31 AM
RE: to catch a spider - by Volterra - 06-17-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: to catch a spider - by Airlia - 06-30-2016, 04:17 AM
RE: to catch a spider - by Volterra - 07-02-2016, 08:26 AM
RE: to catch a spider - by Brit - 09-06-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: to catch a spider - by Airlia - 09-06-2016, 08:26 PM
RE: to catch a spider - by Volterra - 09-10-2016, 09:34 AM
RE: to catch a spider - by Airlia - 09-21-2016, 01:53 AM