the Rift

[OPEN] at the water's edge

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
Syrena
let the water take me
She comes back to the sea, as she always does. This living thing is going better. She struggles with the notion of staying in the Falls slightly less. It gives her a purpose, at least, and she’s managed to turn one of the ponds into her own nest. It’s far enough off the beaten path that no one else really goes there. Also, the Falls seems rather quiet, so maybe there’s just no one there to actually find her. Not that she knows for sure, because she’s hardly been around long enough to know for sure. But still, it feels quiet.

Today though, she needs the sea. Her skin feels dry and brittle, her mind is too far gone (already ahead of her, listening to the waves crash) to head directly back to the Falls. Her little tiny pond won’t be enough. She needs the sea. That endless, impossible blue that spreads until the horizon, some distance she will never find the end to. Could she swim that far still, with her powers gone? The only way to know for sure is to try, and to fail is to drown in that endeavor. So she has not tried.

Instead, she makes her way to the place where the sand and water collide, wading in until she’s about knee deep, the waves crashing over her legs. Her legs swirl into new colors – blues and greens – as they always do in the cold water. Spots of blue and green appear on her belly and her sides where the waves splash onto her skin. She lets out a long, soft sigh. A happy, content, sort of a sound that seems to belong to someone missing a key part of her heart.

Her sisters. She thinks of them now, as she always does, when she’s standing at the water’s edge. And she misses them, as she always will. And though life has forced her forward, she will never forget them, and she will never stop coming here and simply letting the water wash it all away.

"words"
@Bathsheba - I had some time, so I figured I'd finally get this up for you. Sorry I totally spaced on this!

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
at the water's edge - by Syrena - 06-12-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: at the water's edge - by Bathsheba - 06-17-2016, 10:43 AM
RE: at the water's edge - by Syrena - 06-23-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: at the water's edge - by Bathsheba - 07-03-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: at the water's edge - by Syrena - 07-08-2016, 09:53 AM
RE: at the water's edge - by Bathsheba - 07-08-2016, 10:28 PM