the Rift

[PRIVATE] salt mines

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
I'd failed to label the animal even though its name had lingered at the back of my mind (Sphinx, sphinx— the Greek Sphinx), a winged beast with a serpentine tail and lion body, given eagle wings just for added measure. And to top it all off, I lost. I went and fucked up and lost my chance at getting something incredible— something desirable. What do I do now? I get pissy, I crinkle up my brows and I wish that hell rained down upon the world— I wish that I could bring that hell, could bait it with wicked words and lure it over this shitty place and hope someone suffers (someone who isn't me). I'm just trying to get one good thing out of life, one sweet spot out of this bitter rut that I'm trapped in, and I get nothing. A cheek touch from a wispy ghost that nearly made me shit myself was all I earned for the stress and strain that game brought me.

And what's really fueling my fires is who specifically won this fantastic prize— I'll give a moment for you to think. Yes, the one and only— that grullo girl with a temper and enough sass to maybe surprise me here and there. It was her who was favoured by that thing, her who was chosen to take within her a precious orb of magic. And me? Nothing. I watched the beast carefully, the way he deemed her worthy of whatever it was she received. What about me? Don't I deserve something more than some ghastly affections from some mongrel? Apparently not.

I was only going to be quietly outraged about the results of the game, until I caught that look the girl gave me before turning away from the losers— turning her back like she was better, like she was the one with a glittering crown on her head and magic at her whim (oh wait). It made my blood boil to see her stare directly at me so triumphantly, like she knew exactly how to push my buttons. This was the second failure (in what, a month? Two?), and I am no graceful loser— I am a hellbender, a true fiery king for my chaotic temper that can consume all in its path.

I follow her, burning bubblegum caught up on the grullo backside as she picked her way through the forest, mismatched hooves working tirelessly to get to her. "Alright, listen here—" I begin, in no mood for any sort of quick greetings or the like. Straight (ha) to the point, blunt and threateningly toxic as the words come pouring out of my mouth in rapid succession. "You better have gotten some cool shit or else I'm going to be pissed." I catch up to her on short legs (damn Mother for her lack of height), thick hind quarters carrying me the final stretch to my intended target. I'm so tempted to take my right shoulder and give her a nice friendly hit into the nearest tree, but play it safe for the time being as I keep my eyes fixed solely on her (I know these trees well enough to avoid their gnarled roots). I hope she doesn't.

"Talk."
kid
run my reputation.

image | coding

@Oizys

made by reli

tag me in everything

Messages In This Thread
salt mines - by Kid - 06-17-2016, 05:46 PM
RE: salt mines - by Oizys - 06-18-2016, 11:04 AM
RE: salt mines - by Kid - 06-18-2016, 01:47 PM
RE: salt mines - by Oizys - 06-19-2016, 11:29 AM