the Rift

[PRIVATE] Critical mass

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

To hear that his woman was utterly content and at peace brought him a measure of peace that nothing else could. He was only a part of that, he knew, but a large part, he reasoned. He loved her; he'd given her children; he remained by her side. That meant much, yes? Torleik felt a large weight of responsibility settle on him when Phi mentioned naming their hellspawn, as she'd taken to calling them, and wracked his brain for suitable monikers.

Ophelia offered one for their daughter and he smiled, looking at the still-irked little girl and applying the name Eleanor to her in his mind. "Little angry Ellie," he chuckled. "It fits; I like it." Nuzzling her lovingly as he contemplated naming their son, it felt like millions of options stampeded through his mind. Millions, but one kept returning to him as he stared at the little black nubs on his son's head that refused to sprout hair like the rest of his coat.

"Rhun," he said simply, and watched in awe as his little boy's red eyes shifted to gaze at him, most likely only because he spoke more loudly than before - but Torleik couldn't deny a small part of him held the belief that souls knew their name, even from birth. The clarity in his newborn's eyes reaffirmed this; his boy was Rhun, and no other.

"talk talk talk"

Heartstrings Come Undone
You know I'm trying to believe that you're never gonna leave...
Art by: veradaine @ DA

@Ophelia
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Critical mass - by Ophelia - 08-06-2016, 04:16 PM
RE: Critical mass - by Torleik - 08-06-2016, 04:54 PM
RE: Critical mass - by Ophelia - 08-06-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: Critical mass - by Torleik - 08-06-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: Critical mass - by Eleanor - 08-06-2016, 06:11 PM