the Rift

why does my heart keep shaking;

Giselle Posts: 1
Unclaimed
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 8 years
Rin

왜 맘이 맘이 자꾸 흔들리니

It was dangerous here, this much she knew.

For someone who could not see to be trapped in a place overflowing with hidden dangers and magic, she was as good as dead. Her nares were filled with the scent of cedar, her ears ringing with the sound of birds chirping, the overall atmosphere overwhelming her senses and making her nauseous with the sensation of vertigo. Shaking her already-tousled mane, the pale mare began to take small hesitant steps forward, muzzle extended, before a voice jarred her frame to a halt.

Big sister, over here!

No, it couldn't be.

Sissy!

Ellie!

Sister!

-elle!
Gis-
GiselleGiselleGiselleGISELLEGISELLE-

"ENOUGH!" the blind ess shouted, enraged with the tricks the forest was playing with her. How dare it - she had been searching for her little brothers for four years. It wasn't that simple, they couldn't just turn up that easily. But she was angry at herself for believing it, if only for a moment. And beneath her hidden rage was an amount of fear that could not quite be quelled; the forest made them out to be..... ghost-like. Her skin quivered, her breath coming out in strained huffs, her audits flickering about uneasily. She wanted to move, but it seemed her heart and her brain did not have the same idea, and her feet were planted firmly in the same spot they were several moments before.

Perhaps, in the end, becoming a sitting duck was just as dangerous as becoming a moving target. Something slick slowly wrapped itself around her ankle, and curiously, she bent her head down to brush her nose across it before a wary snort was given. It was cool to the touch, the telltale ridges of scales rubbing the velvet of her skin the wrong way, and she quickly realized it was a snake. A soft hiss confirmed her suspicions, and, fighting her instinct to jerk backwards, she slowly tucked her head to her chest, sorrel-rimmed ears pinned directly against her cranium. After a moment's notice, she quickly flung her hoof out, sending the reptile away from her before quickly striking in its general vicinity. A few meek rattles were given before she concluded the serpent was dead, and instantly she felt sorrow for the poor creature. It probably was just seeking warmth - it was rather cold in this part of the forest. Suddenly, she was all alone, and all she wanted to do was go home.

But where was home? She didn't have one, not since her parents died and her brothers - no, she refused to believe they were anywhere but here. Because they were here, they were alive, they were out there somewhere, waiting for her to find them. She had to hurry. A pang shot through her heart, and the antlered molly began to trek onward into a new world with a toss of the head and a flick of the tail.

Messages In This Thread
why does my heart keep shaking; - by Giselle - 09-05-2016, 02:35 AM
RE: why does my heart keep shaking; - by Tiamat - 09-05-2016, 03:32 AM
RE: why does my heart keep shaking; - by Maren - 09-05-2016, 05:52 AM
RE: why does my heart keep shaking; - by Misael - 09-05-2016, 11:01 PM
RE: why does my heart keep shaking; - by Syrena - 09-06-2016, 01:24 PM