the Rift

[OPEN] a map on red parchment

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Their children will learn to hope for a Caesar.
The red forest. 

I haven’t come here in a while, though I’d once come and gone often, remembering the battle of the Bear, and relishing the moment in which I’d learned a God could die by the hands of those they ruled.  It rang with more brilliance when I thought of the Spark, and how pleased he’d been with me for having come to his aid. 

Of course, the excitement had faded as further rifts revealed foreign realms, and more Gods of that far away, horrible land fell beneath Helovian hooves.  It had continued to wear away until all I was left with were stale memories, the smell and sound of the battle no longer rising to mind with the images as they once had.  Now, as I walk along the edge of the red pool, its ruby lining twinkling in the early, golden light tinted rouge by the sun piercing through the tender crimson flesh of the leaves above, I don’t even look over to see if the bones are still there or not, as I might have a seasons ago.

Let him be dead in peace.  It was embarrassing enough he’d died, being a God and all.  He didn’t need me probing into his afterlife.

"Hey," I say to the forest around me, ears moving to catch the sound of Duir’s approach from wherever he is (though I don’t know where exactly, it is nearby; it always is).  He arrives to the right, trying his best to startle me, to little avail.  Without even looking over at him, of the thought that giving him a single glance would be a sort of approval of the behavior, I halt, and continue on. "I think we should wait here for a while."

He looks at me with a bit of confusion, wondering why in the world we’d want to hang out at some creepy waterfall.  He’d like to go back to the meadow overlooking the sea, or maybe even the Threshold, with all the giant trees, and was hoping to make more progress in either of those directions.

"I don’t know why, okay?" I elaborate with some frustrated flair, kicking a loose stone into the pool, "seems like a good place to be, is all."

Where else am I supposed to go, anyway?

@Rexanna

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
a map on red parchment - by Rikyn - 09-07-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: a map on red parchment - by Rexanna - 09-10-2016, 02:07 AM
RE: a map on red parchment - by Rikyn - 09-13-2016, 08:16 AM
RE: a map on red parchment - by Rexanna - 09-15-2016, 06:13 PM
RE: a map on red parchment - by Rikyn - 09-22-2016, 09:51 AM