the Rift

Refuge - [open]

Cassius Posts: 46
Aurora Basin Haurspex atk: 3.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.0h :: 4 [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

One knows when they enter the Threshold. So many smells and faint voices cascading from one end to the other, swirling, swooning for a kiss. Cassius felt like hiding, he felt like bolting into and through it without much thought – and he would have! If not for the small suggestion that the people here were actually conversing. Talking, laughing, greeting… Sucking in a quick breath, he pursed his pale lips and held his breath. Coming to a still, closing his eyes – reminding himself that he was safe. That he could take comfort that he could feel the faint wind against his skin, or the smell of autumn upturned from the earth.

Though Cassius didn’t trust himself enough to assume so. And after the moment passed with the burning of his lungs, he could not shake the nervous flow of energy reaching every end of his body. It read all over him, from the sharp twitch of his leonine tail, to the pinpricks of those ears – wide eyes that sought to absorb as much as he could. The breath released slowly – without its cure. It was too much!

Before he knew it, those long legs had already ushered him forwards into that unknown. And Cassius meant to be careful, even though the world around him appeared just as unpredictable as the last one. Poised with his feet, maintaining the superficial appearance of one who danced often along the earth. Gallant, moving freely – of water and rolling mists. But over the course of a month or two, his mind had been filled with dread – of the doom hovering and licking at the hinds of his feet. The sense of urgency behind him would not easily erase. It was hunting him then, and for one who could so easily capture ease in the manner of his stroll, he appeared haunted and trepid by the things within him.

The sun began its descent, and it was with a mournful gaze when he realized that the light was quickly disappearing. The stallion may have been moving ahead, but he’d since lost his way and perhaps – he’d been travelling in circles. He couldn’t quite tell whether he’d gained distance or repeated it. Cassius was never very good with direction – he noted that then, forced himself to stop and settled beside a coniferous tree. It felt less lonely to have an object beside him, providing him with the illusion of cover and protection. While affording enough sight to see amply about.

“I don’t understand it,” his voice finally broke the silence – growing too old on him. Perhaps he might befriend the tree in the meantime? Cassius regarded the old, rough and gnarled bark – inhaled the piney scent and continued. “Circles? I’ve been going in circles haven’t I?” He sighed.

“I knew it…” The young rosy grey stallion chewed on his lip.

“Curses! You don’t happen to know the way, do you?”

Cassius giggled lamely. The sound of worn chimes inhabited the space with his voice. Dying off dryly into the clearing.

Messages In This Thread
Refuge - [open] - by Cassius - 09-11-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Tilney - 09-11-2016, 08:58 AM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Cassius - 09-11-2016, 05:26 PM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Kiada - 09-11-2016, 09:16 PM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Tilney - 09-17-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Cassius - 10-30-2016, 12:38 AM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Merlin - 11-13-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Tiamat - 11-13-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Cassius - 11-21-2016, 05:41 AM
RE: Refuge - [open] - by Tiamat - 11-21-2016, 10:01 AM