the Rift

[OPEN] Frosty

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

Laughing with delighted relief and true happiness that Erthë liked her song, Maude’s hooves dance beneath her with mirth. Her pale tail lifts, the strand of pearls carefully bound about her olive wrap and those delicately placed in her antlers wriggle, and the entire filly seems to come alive with her sheer joy that her most favorite thing to do is not so terrible for others to put up with, after all.

Sure, her father liked them, but that was a daddy’s job, after all! It was wonderful that a real storyteller, with no familial obligations to her, liked her work. Erthë’s joke makes her giggle too, her pale lashes pressing in on her citrine eyes, her smile is so big.

Oh, thank you! I did make it myself!” grins the filly, proudly arching her neck; as to giving up her future nursing career to be a bard, however, Maude wasn’t so sure. How did songs help everyone as much as taking care of their cuts and bruises did? It would be awfully selfish of her to focus on music, rather than healing! “I guess I could sing to my patients to help them get better faster.

She giggles, liking the idea, mostly because it seems frivolous, and unrealistic. What her newly found friend says next, however, makes her pale green eyes widen with utter surprise. You really could heal people with music?!

Whoa!” reverently remarks the filly, her head instantaneously painting this miss Lena into the most beautiful, well dressed maiden in all of the Aurora Basin, with an aura of pure gold that shimmered and rippled like moonlight plated in metallic perfection. She didn’t remember meeting her at the Festival, but she had been really young, too, and they hadn’t stayed very long… especially after Maude had started to fall asleep at random, but she was definitely going to ask her daddy about it!

Daddy and Mommy used to live in the Basin. I wonder if they know her?” quietly muses the filly out-loud, gazing up at the snowy heavens as if they might give her an answer, but Erthë’s request soon draws her out of her pondering.

Oh! Of course!” she giggles, smiling while she thinks of which to sing next, “as many as you want!

Clearing her throat, and leading into the next song, the clearing resounds with the girl’s youthful voice, as she sings about the snowflakes falling down onto her face, and sticking to her pale eyelashes:

Water crystal, offering of a chilly sky,
laid among your brethren, piled knee high;
a-glimmer with light, like stars in white night,
color borrowed from the near things you know.

Cold as ice but not as hard,
you seem as if a glassy shard:
snowflake, snowflakes, from above,
cover up each branch and shrub…

If you’re tossing & you’re turning,
& you just can’t fall asleep,
I’ll sing a song beside you. and if you ever forget
how much you really mean to me, every day,
I will remind you.

Art by neverrmind @ DA
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
Frosty - by Maude - 11-05-2016, 11:44 AM
RE: Frosty - by Erthë - 11-06-2016, 03:12 AM
RE: Frosty - by Maude - 11-07-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: Frosty - by Erthë - 11-07-2016, 11:03 AM
RE: Frosty - by Maude - 11-08-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: Frosty - by Erthë - 11-11-2016, 04:56 AM
RE: Frosty - by Maude - 11-18-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: Frosty - by Bunnie - 02-03-2017, 01:39 PM
RE: Frosty - by Erthë - 02-03-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: Frosty - by Maude - 02-06-2017, 11:31 AM
RE: Frosty - by Erthë - 02-06-2017, 04:03 PM