the Rift

[OPEN] Even horizons can fade [welcoming]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

Nephele flew ahead as the boys reacquainted themselves with the sea. Sohalia missed whatever exchange they shared, and even if she had noticed their discomfort, she likely would have attributed it to the flaming bridge. Though she had grown used to seeing it, she assumed that newcomers would find it... disconcerting. Both Tarik and Ralik hesitated before approaching (she smiled encouragingly all the while, lacking Nephele's ability to turn biting words into teasing invitations), but did finally move to cross. Tarik even coaxed a soft laugh from the ivory dove, and she appreciated that despite the boys' obvious distrust of the flames, they moved without question on towards the other shore.

Huldra had been quiet for most of the trip. The Transcended had assumed that she was listening to the stallions exchange quips about the landscape, or perhaps taking in the view. In truth, she had been too self-absorbed to care too much about exactly what her new herdmates were thinking. Now, though, the foreign mare stepped up to her, speaking in a mild tone and offering what Sohalia took to be a friendly smile.

The pale lady returned the gesture almost affectionately, displaying that she bore the mare no ill will. "Oh, Huldra, don't concern yourself with that. Travel wears on the best of us, and it is not uncommon to find Helovia... disconcerting, at first." Her voice had adopted the tone that she might use when she addressed a close friend. She was a friendly mare, after all, particularly with other women. She'd never had to worry about their intentions, after all.

"As for this magic, I am afraid that I myself don't have all the details. The bridge was created when I was not here." She neglected to say anything else about her absence. Let Huldra assume that it was simply before her time, or whatever else she might think. It was enough for the rest of the herd to judge her for things out of her control; she did not need it from newcomers, too. "From my understanding, our patron deity, the God of the Sun, enchanted a way for anyone without wings to cross to the island. There used to be a land bridge, you see, but my -" She paused, about to say 'my mate' before realizing that he was no longer there, and that they would not know what relevance that had to the conversation at hand. "- our late Sultan thought that we would be safer if we controlled who came in from the mainland. Don't worry, though - we'll be sure to get the three of you keys of your own."

"Talk talk talk."
Astraeus.

@Tarik

you give up your soul till you break down;
subtlepatterns.com | foxyfirewings & larfsalot @ deviantart.com
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Even horizons can fade [welcoming] - by Sohalia - 11-18-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: Even horizons can fade [welcoming] - by Tarik - 11-19-2016, 11:02 AM
RE: Even horizons can fade [welcoming] - by Ralik - 11-19-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: Even horizons can fade [welcoming] - by Sohalia - 11-19-2016, 10:22 PM