the Rift

[PRIVATE] just a front door to you

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn

I had thought that the Heart Caves would be a good location to spend the winter, and, to be fair, it had done an okay job.  We were warm, after all, what with the giant cascading font of fire at the heart of the vast, central cavern, and though the mosses and mushrooms to be foraged were certainly less tasty than true grass or proper vegetate, it was better than nothing.  Still, staring up at the snow-sealed exit from this underground hell, with the red light flickering against my back, I wish I could leave.

There are others down here, too, hiding from the blizzards that howl above, but I’ve spent most of my time with Mordecai, and have otherwise skirted about the strangers and stragglers.  That is perhaps the worst end of this deal, being trapped down here with her.  She’s argumentative and bossy, and though I’ve been trying to learn Dothraki from her, who knows what all I’ve been called or threatened with in the past few days alone (seriously, who knows?  Any translators for hire out there?).  Frowning bleakly at the snow-sealed threshold into the world above one last time, I tear my eyes away, and stalk back into the caverns.

I find her where I think I will, in our little corner in the shadow, with thick, peculiar blankets of moss coating the stone.  It’s served as a good place to lie down and sleep when the urge strikes, and is often where we’ve stood while she taught me various statements and words in her native language.  I had learned a good bit, but there was always more to learn, after all…

"Anha… gerikh, thikh.  Ezzol anna alikh… lehk?" I ask, slowly, because I have to think about it a lot harder than she does.  Pretty sure I’ve left out a vital word or two, I hope she forgives me, considering this is the first time I’ve managed to ask the question without her having to stare blankly at me, before slowly offering me the right word (like I was a fucking idiot, or something).  Smiling smugly, my eyes glimmer in the low light.  "Unless you have somethingn better to do."

[ OOC: Hope you don’t mind the minor PP! :P ]

Translation:
"Anha… gerikh, thikh.  Ezzol anna alikh… lehk?": I... lack, task.  Teach me more... language?

It's better to push something away that's slipping
Than to risk being dragged down
@Mordecai

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
just a front door to you - by Rikyn - 12-01-2016, 01:41 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Mordecai - 12-19-2016, 12:41 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Rikyn - 12-21-2016, 01:31 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Mordecai - 12-31-2016, 05:24 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Rikyn - 01-03-2017, 01:20 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Mordecai - 01-05-2017, 12:04 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Rikyn - 01-09-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Mordecai - 02-07-2017, 04:43 PM
RE: just a front door to you - by Rikyn - 02-08-2017, 10:05 AM