the Rift

[JUDGED] KILL V. MAIM [Rank Challenge v. Raeden]

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind

Toulouse had his claws in her title the day he arrived in the edge and, still, she hardly knew he existed. Would she wonder what she had done to deserve this kind of ‘betrayal’ as if he had ever known her more than another pretty, bruised face? Readen’s teeth were more dirty than his, having conjured the Great Herb Bag Saga. Or did that credit belong to dear Queen Alysanne? The Mountain? (or whoever that gosling was)
They should write songs about that.
How a World’s Edge sneak left enough hints behind that the Monarch of another land had decided to invade theirs and scrap with their King.

Darling, what a night.
Is that what she said to her mister when she curled up to sleep? Was there any lament for what she did, or ever does?
Probably not, and this was what caused the gilded man to smirk in the snow and glare just as coldly ahead. The greyscale ocean seemed so foul this evening even with the pretty picture the lunar butterflies painted as they became ensnared in his thick mane and found their homes in the canopy.

It’s nothing personal Honey.
Because ultimately the only negative feelings this serpent held towards the specter involved how silly he thought her to be, and he wouldn’t be surprised if she thought exactly the same of him - it was not an opinion she would be alone in harbouring anyhow, much like his own of her.

Frankly, they were much too similar… only he was far more handsome, far more charming, far less silly, and a much better sneak.

Wrenching has gaze away from the swell below, Toulouse marched forwards into the grove nearby. Framed by a charming view of the ocean and a however-million-foot drop to the rocks and ocean below, the snake chose this as their battleground and declared it with a stomp of his right hoof and a daring call to all nearby. The arena was dotted with a small number of conifers though was mostly cleared, snow splashed and muddy. The iced puddles would be a worry, but it was more the slushy mud he was concerned about.
But oh, How would his hair survive?!

Finding the highest point in the arena - a small space between two trees - Toulouse took his place, his throne, and once again let out another booming call.
“Raeden! Specter of the World’s Edge!” The gelding began, flanks outstretched and nostrils up high. “You tarry, flirt and meddle your way through your role as specter! It is an insult to the work of the Sleuths and the King and Queen you serve. For the benefit of the herd and the Sleuths I Challenge you for your rank!”

A deep-lunged snort erupted from his nares, echoing from the surrounding arbors. Fun and fury caused his brows to furrow while his fanged lips twitched into a smile, icy eyes looking ahead.
“Neither of us are fighters, let alone warriors Darling! Answer this challenge yourself or I shall accept your forfeit and you will be labelled a coward!”
His next words came daring and resonated throughout the forest, pale hooves quaking and stomping with his agitated calls.

Sweetheart, come to the show!
It’ll be fine!
And we don’t always get what we want.
Do we.

ooc; 0/4 (You can go first if you like!)
word count: 552
setting: It's right on the cliffs, about 80% of the border of the
"arena" is made up of trees, but one side is the cliff! It's very very muddy, some snow patches and frozen puddles. There are some conifers dotted around the battleground to watch out for also!
summary: Toulouse challenges Raeden for her rank as Worlds Edge Specter by calling out, stomping his hooves about and making lots of noise. Does not attack, 0/4.

notes: Would like to note that it's absolutely nothing personal dear Dressy! and nothing Toulouse thinks is what I think! xD Have fun, this will be epic!

@Raeden

you gave up being good when you declared a state of war

lunarblues
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Messages In This Thread