the Rift

[OPEN] Dreams Fight with Machines

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
ULRIK the ENGINEER

Ulrik took a step back to observe the machine he was building, bronze eyes sweeping over the plates of the large, metal wolf. He smirked at Kirchoff who simply rolled his eyes and groomed his black paws. The hellhound was feigning unimpressed, as usual, when in actuality, the large metal beast was rather impressive. His bond mate was such a curious man, and he found himself growing attached to him over the years. Ulrik had sired three children who followed him, more or less - if not in intellect then certainly in hair.

How such a brilliant creature as Ulrik managed to exist was fascinating. The way his mind worked was... so unique and it was a privilege to experience every impulse first hand.

Was.

See, for in a matter of seconds, the smirking, bluntly charming, somewhat psychotic man who was Ulrik the Engineer was just gone.

The metal wolf came to life, red glass eyes glowing as machinery whirred inside. Ulrik stood by and controlled the thing with his magic, making it step forward and snap its jaws. There was something frightening about this cold, metal thing. It looked like a wolf, moved like a wolf, but it was unfettered by pain and without emotion or remorse. The churning machine was built to kill and protect, and it dug its claws into the soft ground just outside the large, marble structure of the ancient rotunda.

Kirchoff watched as Ulrik circled the machine, eyes searching for any small defect and any misshapen edges. He scanned methodically, almost like one of his own creations. The Engineer came to a section of wires that were loose, and he reached out, nudging them back into place.

That was when it happened.

A gigantic blue spark arced and snapped onto Ulrik's face, burning the skin off the left side and exposing a damaged, bronze eye. He bellowed in pain and Kirchoff, who shared that pain, yelped, running toward his bond mate. The stallion, unable to see out of the left side of his face, turned quickly and was met in the neck with a frantic metal swipe of the paw of his own machine.

His magic, in a panic, set the beast in motion, and he hit the ground with a thud. The burns settled into the mud, and he stared at the big, blue sky from where he laid there, immobile. Ulrik took rattling breaths as Kirchoff crawled toward his bond mate, shoving the stallion with his two front paws.

"Get up, Ulrik," he demanded, heart pounding in panic as he felt Ulrik's inability to sense his own hind legs. "Come on, big oaf. This isn't... This isn't where it ends." The wolf growled, blinking away silver tears from his silver eyes.

"You ever wonder what's beyond all this?" he muttered, taking another rattling breath and blinking upwards still.

"No, stop it. Get the fuck up."

"Give everything I have to Amalrik," he said aloud, hoping someone heard. "Rikyn... Rikyn is older now... he doesn't need. Gyda has her mother... Amal... tell him..." he muttered quietly.

"He's my son."

"All you need is a healer, Ulrik. I'll... I'll get one..." The wolf turned and ran, frantically looking for another horse desperately, howling from the depths of his lungs to alert the woods of his pain.

The metal wolf stood watch over his creator, red eyes flickering as Ulrik's magic inched steadily away.

Credits: Image by LyrebirdBlue @ DA

(Amalrik next)

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
Dreams Fight with Machines - by Ulrik - 12-26-2016, 11:52 PM
RE: Dreams Fight with Machines - by Amalrik - 12-27-2016, 12:25 AM
RE: Dreams Fight with Machines - by Ulrik - 12-27-2016, 12:39 AM
RE: Dreams Fight with Machines - by Rikyn - 12-27-2016, 01:00 PM