the Rift

[PRIVATE] sooner or later God will cut you down

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

The pass flies by us, our hooves like the rumble of drums as we wildly dash up a winding, mountain trail.  Stones tumble down the descent, wildly scrambling down the rocky effacements, and rattling to unsteady halts far below; occasionally, my buck reaches into my thoughts, and pleads with me as to why we’re playing such a precarious game.

I don’t listen, and even manage to slam the door shut on him, once or twice, causing him to make a vocal bleat of surprise, each time.  I can’t be bothered with his incessant fear of his own mortality, not today.  I need something more.  Something that will finally push me towards whatever it is I feel like I’m being slowly drug to, against my will.  Maybe running like a deranged lunatic through the mountains isn’t the proper method, but I’m not exactly in a proper state of mind right now, either.

Sleep has eluded me for days, each attempt resulting in the brief illusion of, at last, falling into rest, only to be met with swimming images of my brother’s face, and my father lying in a pool of his own blood.  Kirchoff’s eyes open, and then so do mine.

So I’m running.  Maybe it’s just away from my own feelings, or the stench of the fear lingering where I’d tried to sleep, but the sensation of my heart about to explode from excursion helps ease the awful gnawing inside of me somehow.  Each time my hooves slip, the edge of the world, the end of life, a real pain, not this phantom one, lurches close, I feel my heart soar.

Duir insists it’s not happiness, but a natural fear for my own life, and I shove his thoughts away.  What does he know?  His life is exactly as it’s always been!  Mine is the one unraveling here!

The rise of the trail flat lines, becoming an open meadow which is not very large, and ringed with boulders, and sheer rises into more peaks.  Actually growling at the sight of the natural stone walls as I slide to a halt, I angrily gust air from my nostrils with a savage lash of my tail, and pivot about, looking for an escape, other than the path from which I’ve entered.  Trotting towards the opposite end of it, hoping that, maybe, that small copse of trees over there obscures a way forward, towards the escape from this horrible feeling inside, I evade the thought that, maybe, this dead end means I’ll have to actually think about it, after all.

Image by Ghostly - Code by Tamme

@Enna

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
sooner or later God will cut you down - by Rikyn - 01-03-2017, 12:47 PM