the Rift

[OPEN] Does This Place Give You Anxiety? (WELCOME)

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She understands hiding pain, though her pain is not physical. But how can she simply explain to all of them what brought her here? There are a few she knows, trust enough to tell. But the rest? Perhaps it is not trust, but simply the desire to keep the pitying stares away. It’s easier if they don’t know. Easier to pretend she came here because she wanted to, as Alysanne did, and not because she had no other choice.

There were other lands she could have run to, certainly, but Helovia was far from her homeland and the name meant nothing here. Besides, the horses were often more extravagant then her, and it made it easy to hide the teal markings among the heavily colored horses of Helovia. Where once the teal was a marker of her status, it had become commonplace. Mundane even. Which was exactly what she needed.

She feels safe in Helovia. It is still a slow process to make it home. Not because the residents of the Edge had made her feel anything but welcome, but simply for her own reasons. She’d never wanted to leave Morham. She could not stop longing for it.

Though she thought of home as the Edge now. She thought of her family as no one – Gawen, in a sense. Ru, in a way. But mostly, she had no family anymore, and she’s growing us to the thought even though it never stops hurting. But she has new friends, certainly. Raeden for one, who stands with them. Ru and Aly and Glasgow. She was not alone, even though sometimes it was easy to forget that fact.

As the dark mists roll away, Lyanna adds, “I’m not sure how much you know of Helovia, or what Raeden has told you, so forgive me if I’m repeating. The Edge’s patron god in the Moon Goddess. Hense the rather dark healing magic." The mare thanks her, saying she’s in Lyanna’s debt. Lyanna smiles warmly, shaking her head and tossing her tri-colored mane around a bit as she does. “Not at all. I’m happy to help. Besides, it is also technically my job here.” She says it with a grin that makes it obvious she’s not just here because it’s her job, but because she wants to be. Healing is one thing she can do, and purpose gives her a reason to move past the ghosts.

“Many indeed,” she says, agreeing. “I don’t even know how many, in truth. If you stick around, next time we have a herd meeting you’ll get a sense for how many though.  Would you like to come in and look around?” she offers, stepping aside to let the mare into the Edge. Raeden, of course, didn’t need Lyanna to step aside, but still, she didn’t want to be straight in the way of either mare.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Raeden
@Nitika
I'm so sorry for the wait!! Life's been a little crazy

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does This Place Give You Anxiety? (WELCOME) - by Lyanna - 01-29-2017, 04:51 PM