the Rift

[PRIVATE] flying

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn

Perhaps lying on your back and watching clouds is childish; if so, I might be called a child, I guess, but today, I don’t really give a damn.

The wind wisps by overhead with quiet croons, occasionally carrying with it a bird, some small, some larger, like hawks, or gulls, and far below the meadow rise, the sound of the sea splashes against the rocks.  The gold of my hooves glimmers in the sun, my buck’s antlers, cream gently entwined with wire-fine strands of metals, doing the same, and, though the hole in my heart is still there, empty, and aching, the world doesn’t seem half so bad, from this angle.

All there is up there is great, big, blue sky, and the cotton figures of the white travelers, heavy with hoarded rain.  It’s a world without borders or end, that reaches endlessly up and out, into whatever is beyond, without fear of consequences, and I feel my heart yearn for that freedom, with the binding earth pressed firmly against my back.  Once, in a dream, I’d been there, moving like water through nothingness, alongside Aelin, and ever since, I had never been able to shake the guilty understanding of what might had driven the unicorn ancestors of the pegasi to fuck birds in the first place.  There was nothing quite like the free world of the sky, and maybe just the hope that their children could own such a kingdom had been enough of a lure, to, y’know, stuff a turkey.

Duir’s disgusted snort and the sound of his hooves trotting away draw me back over to my belly, an amused chuckle breaching the distance between us.  Though the buck is glad to see some measure of my old self back, he is also not entirely pleased that he's the brunt of the amusement, either, and is attempting to get out of my sight long enough to disappear.  Not forever, of course, just long enough for me to give up on whatever taunting I've decide to make him endure.

"What?" I continue to laugh, getting up to follow the huffy little prude, tauntingly calling out, "it’s all just nature!"

’cause we need a little controversy
 @Glacia

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
flying - by Rikyn - 01-26-2017, 11:05 AM
RE: flying - by Glacia - 01-26-2017, 11:39 PM
RE: flying - by Rikyn - 01-30-2017, 12:36 PM
RE: flying - by Glacia - 02-05-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: flying - by Rikyn - 02-07-2017, 05:41 PM
RE: flying - by Glacia - 02-28-2017, 10:37 PM
RE: flying - by Rikyn - 03-01-2017, 11:41 AM
RE: flying - by Glacia - 03-02-2017, 07:45 PM
RE: flying - by Rikyn - 03-04-2017, 04:23 PM