the Rift

[PRIVATE] SN: what have I done

Mihtal Posts: 26
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 8 years HP: 56.0 | Buff: Novice
Reli
I don’t make eye contact with the butterfly-winged mare, instead preferring to occasionally glance her way through the corner of my eye, wishing that I could disappear behind the curtain of my hair again—or disappear completely. This is so silly, I chide myself, it’s just a casual, normal conversation. But of course, it’s been too long since I’ve been comfortable enough to withstand an interaction without it leaving me both mentally and emotionally drained. I could say that I can’t remember the last time—but that would be a lie.

Much to my despair, there is little that I have forgotten.

Myrrine seems nice enough, at least. Maybe even a little bit too nice. You might argue that there could be no such thing, but I suspect with the way she glances at me occasionally—as though I’m a wounded bird—she has noticed my distress (I haven’t been very modest about it), and is trying her very best to put me at ease. I’ve seen it before. I would rather her treat me as she would anyone else, like normal, as though she hasn’t noticed anything amiss.

But I know that the mare is only doing it out of the goodness of her heart, and I cannot fault her for that, as bitter as my caged heart is. So I try to swallow this warped, broken sense of pride that I have, and attempt to straighten my posture so that I don’t seem quite as fragile (nevermind the mess of splinters that my glass heart has become).

“The Dragon’s Throat as well,” I answer Myrrine plainly, trying to offer her some semblance of a smile—but it feels hollow and out of place, wrong on my lips. I allow it to drop before it wilts into a scowl, briefly tucking my head into my chest as I clear my throat (my breath is hot and shuddering against my skin). Awkwardly I force myself to look at the other mare, perhaps too intense with my eye contact now. “I just came to Helovia, actually. I haven’t been here for very long,” I shift my weight, exhaling heavily from my nostrils.

“Speech.”
We build it up, we tear it down
We leave our pieces on the ground

image credits
@Myrrine
please tag Mihtal in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
SN: what have I done - by Mihtal - 02-08-2017, 11:56 PM
RE: SN: what have I done - by Myrrine - 02-13-2017, 11:49 PM
RE: SN: what have I done - by Mihtal - 02-16-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: SN: what have I done - by Myrrine - 02-16-2017, 10:46 PM