the Rift

[OPEN] case the joint

d'Arcy Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 2 years :: Tallsun HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Laine

She reenters Helovia the same way she left it: quietly, alone, and under cover of darkness. The moon is the slimmest sliver that night; waxing, as Birdsong surges on, but still just barely past the nadir of the lunar cycle. Its dimness makes the stars stand out: a blanket of the infinite expanse of time and space, beautiful, breathtaking, but despite such brilliance the stars don’t shine bright enough to illuminate much of the high mountain pass.

d’Arcy doesn’t mind the dark, never has. It’s always been a blanket to her, a place to hide, a place to watch from, but even her love of shadows doesn’t mean that navigating the slopes of the Steppe at night is an easy task. Her movements are slow and cautious, testing footings before letting her weight shift to each hoof. The stretch she’s on now is fairly flat, but the snowmelt has made the rocks slick, and no rush is worth a tumble—Helovia could wait for her return… it wasn’t as if anyone expected her back.

d’Arcy is a far cry from the filly she had been. Grown she certainly was now, taller—fuller, in any place that counted—and meticulously well maintained with careful grooming. She still had a bit of growing to do, a few traces of adolescence to shake, but she made up for that deficit in other ways. Beyond the biological changes there was a specific way she moves, had learned to move, that had “woman” written all over it. She doesn’t employ it now, convinced as she is of her solitude, but when she does dial it up it's something strangely conspicuous. A mare still a little too young, a girl who’d grown up a little too fast.

Well, she'd had too. Outside of Helovia it's no picnic for a girl on her own.

[ooc: Awwww yeahhhhhh dinky intro post~~~~ @Rikyn ]

ain't no mercy in my smiling
only fangs and sweet beguiling
Art by Frostie <3
when I tell you that i love you
don't test my love
accept my love, don't test my love
cause maybe i don't love you all that much

Messages In This Thread
case the joint - by d'Arcy - 02-10-2017, 12:21 AM
RE: case the joint - by Rikyn - 02-10-2017, 12:11 PM