Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo
OPEN TO ALL but just let @Murdock go first so it's not weird
<3

chernobyl
i was not caught, i crossed the line
i live among you, well disguised

They traveled mostly by night, moving from the south to north at a slow pace. Chernobyl is heavily pregnant, but is in a hurry to get Murdock back to the Falls – and her unborn child as well. There they can finally start to build something... together. She's never wanted anything more, honestly, she's never really wanted much except to be left alone to her solitude and wandering. That ended when she met Murdock and has carried her through to this day, it has been her motivation to join any herd at all, her motivation to tolerate group living and being told what she may and may not do. He squirms inside her, kicking harder these days; he is cramped in there.

Their dark figures move smoothly through the dark forest, the moon is almost wholly black and only a sliver grins among the drifting clouds. They've been traveling for a long while, several weeks, moving as fast as a heavily pregnant mare can in muddy slippery ever-morphing landscapes that go from high to low, to rocky to flat, swamp to mountain in an endless loop. She's luckily familiar with which roads go where and which routes are the quickest or easiest, if Murdock shows her a new way she happily follows him – she happily assumes he knows Helovia as well if not better than herself. The sun is still four or so hours from painting the darkness with a dash of low light. The pair is as silent as the fog, it would seem. Their hooves place themselves in careful places and their breathing soft and slow.

This moment is when her son decides he's done waiting. We're going. With one good kick from him the pebbles around her fly up into to the air and level off to suspend about five feet from the moist soil they broke from. They are all small, a circle of about sixty roundish stones float around her as she's stopped in her tracks with the stab of pain burning in her uterus. She groins loudly and her head drops, her teeth clench, her muscles bunch. The child squirms wildly as if he knows he's finally going to be set free. She can feel in anticipation, but her own is clouded in pain. The wave of intensity feels like it is fading for the moment, falling back like the sea only to return – she knows it is going to return, and probably harder than before. The tides of birth.

It's an hour more of this pain washing over her before something more begins to stir. Her feet are planted and her ears stay with Murdock, her eyes don't bother to open long enough to find him – though she knows he's there. The threshold has opened enough for him to enter the world – the gate swung free of its lock. The world will be different from these moments on into the far future. The orbit of pebbles floating in a small radius around her fall suddenly to the ground with a series of lifeless thuds. She clenches everything one last time and she can feel the little lump slip free of her sweat drenched body. She's on the ground now, but she doesn't remember folding her legs and surrendering to the ground; but she doesn't like being on the ground so she immediately throws herself up onto her shaky legs and cranes over the heap of dingy black fur and wet wings. Instinctively she licks him from tip to tip while he flails wildly beneath her nose. He's ready to be up and away from this chilly, damp moss-bed. He decides right away he's not a fan of being down there, his wings flap and his crazy long legs weakly unbend to bring him up. He falls once, twice, but not a third time, and still his mother relentlessly licks him clean of birth gunk. Yum.. He stands there with big (like, huge) bright green eyes. His pupils are split and swell and shrink with the lighting or lack of. In the darkness they are saucers with only a slit of yellowy-green, blinking wildly as they tip in every direction – trying to figure something out, anything at all.

bckg

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

Messages In This Thread
feel it in my bones, [birth] - by Chernobyl - 02-28-2017, 02:45 PM
RE: feel it in my bones, [birth] - by Murdock - 02-28-2017, 07:28 PM
RE: feel it in my bones, [birth] - by Chernobyl - 03-24-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: feel it in my bones, [birth] - by Murdock - 04-04-2017, 01:42 PM