the Rift

[JUDGE] forgive and forget [ Rikyn vs. Wessex ]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
There was something wonderful about having your best friend in charge of the military.  For one, it gave him a whole lot of power, even if the army he wielded was a bit lackluster, but it also gave me ample opportunity, as well. 

When I’d come home two winters ago, I had stepped into the army, behind d’Artagnan.  Though I didn’t know the aging bay very well, I did know of him, perhaps why, ultimately, I’d been somewhat disappointed to return home, finding our people had become fat and lazy in my travels.  That they had even made a Doctor the General (though I am, certainly, aware his title was purely sarcastic – he was a murderer, by heart, herbalist, by trade), which did little to ease my annoyance at meeting the then Haruspex, either.

Regardless, then, I’d felt totally like a nobody, probably because before then, in the Basin, anyway, I’d always had friends and family in high places to lean on, or hide behind, depending on what shit I’d gotten myself into that week.  There was something so vulnerable about being that nobody in the mix of all those somebody’s that had about drove me crazy, and so I’d left; it was good to come home, and have that old comfort back.  It was good to be able to openly approach the General of the army, and ask him for a spar, to better hone my skills, without fear of repercussions for the actions of my kin.

It was also funny who Erebos had directed me towards, after his moment’s thought; the smile born of restraining my bark of laughter still lingers on my face, despite the continued storm of melancholy and mourning which brews inside me.  Duir, moving alongside me, does not find it as amusing, and hopes that the woman, who I’d been less than nice to, gets a few good hits in to make up for my rudeness the week before.

"Oh, Wessex!" I call out, from where my blade brother had suggested to start looking, towards the direction of the caves many of the herd seemed to frequent.  I don’t really care who overhears me and thinks me half-mad.  Maybe I am, a little bit.  "I’d love to pick up where we left off!  I think you were pondering shoving one of your many horns where the sun doesn’t shine,  yeah?"

0/3
[ Summary:  Mid-afternoon on a nice Tallsun day, along the borders of the pine forest, in a nice open stretch of valley.  Several hills, and the evergreen wood itself, border the twenty yard space, which otherwise has even footing, and very little debris.

You are welcome to the first attack, or we can banter a bit. :)  Thank you for the spar you shesshie lady you! ]

there's no place to hide down here
Image Credit

@Wessex

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
forgive and forget [ Rikyn vs. Wessex ] - by Rikyn - 03-09-2017, 10:33 AM