the Rift

[OPEN] Miles to go before I sleep [questing]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

She was glad that he understood, and even more glad that his response dulled the momentary panic rising in her throat like bile. He seemed to be able to read her mind, to do the things she needed. He began at a brisk pace, and the things he offered by way of conversation were not awkward or off-putting, as she would have expected from others.  She tried to conjure up their first meeting, here outside the Basin, and found that she couldn't. All she remembered was that they were much smaller, and she had been easier. Easier to speak to, easier to be around. She hadn't been hardened by the world yet.

But here she was, back with Erebos again, feeling perhaps a little bit of that former ease creep into her bones.

"How is that possible?" She asked, sounding genuinely curious. "I've heard something about bodies of water...that they don't freeze completely, even if the surfaces do. Something about how the water always stays warm enough for the fish to live?" She shook her head, the facts foggy in her mind. Was it something her father had told her? Something he had done, so the fish could live? "But it's so cold here in the winter, isn't it? Why doesn't it freeze?"

As he inquired about where she lived now, her mind wanted to bristle, but her body didn't respond. She had concluded, despite her earlier fears, that it was not her fault that the Falls had been abandoned. No. That was all her Father's decision. "In the Edge again." She responded with a resigned sigh, as if having returned home after having her title as Czarina revoked was the same as a child being sent to their room without supper.

@Erebos

isopia

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Miles to go before I sleep [questing] - by Isopia - 03-10-2017, 10:44 AM
RE: Miles to go before I sleep [questing] - by Isopia - 04-06-2017, 06:20 PM