the Rift

raise atlantis

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
THE INDOMITABLE

The urge to hold his first meeting brews strong in the goliath's great chest. There is something raw and primal about standing at the head of the herd he now rules, watching them gather before his hooves whilst he addresses them as their leader, their chief protector. It sends shivers of thrill down his spine, and his dragons feed off this sensation as they dive around him. They both adore power too, especially Vadir, and she wouldn't dream of missing such a momentous event.

As eager as he is, Volterra waits until early evening before he calls the meeting. It would be cruel to expect the Throat's masses to gather under the searing Tallsun heat, so there's a pleasant chill in the air by the time the Indomitable prowls through his home and towards his chosen meeting spot. The day's sweat has been cleansed from him in the oasis - a Sultan cannot be scruffy! - and his muscles ripple and pulse beneath his glossy ebony coat. Vadir rides on his back, having forcibly shifted Vérzés when he made his claim upon the prize spot. The queen demands to be in pride of place during this first meeting, and she too gleams like the rays of the sun as she sits tall and strong atop the stallion's broad withers. Her red brother flies overhead, somewhat disgruntled at being ousted but unable to bear too much of a grudge due to the excitement glowing through his mind.

Sand crunches beneath his colossal weight as he ascends a small sand dune, giving him enough height to see above the mass of citizens when they begin to arrive. Having found his spot, Volterra lifts his heavy head and unleashes a thunderous stallion's bellow, calling the herd to him.

-------*everyone arrives*----------

Volterra is not the sort to suffer from anxiety, but he would be lying if he didn't admit to a small crawling of nervousness in his gut, like the twist of a knife. Addressing such a large crowd is slightly daunting, as much as he prides himself on being dauntless. "Welcome, citizens of the Dragon's Throat. I hope the season's heat isn't wearing you all down too much." Nice one, Vol, talking about the weather, he silently berates himself. "We have a fair few announcements to get through, so I will get straight to the point. Firstly, there are to be a couple of rule changes." He glances around, ensuring each member of the Throat receives a small darting of his ruby gaze across them. "Under previous regimes, only the highest ranks could accept new members into the herd. From now on, however, anybody who holds rank magic will have the power to accept newcomers into our midst. Despite this, anybody may go to the Threshold to invite people to join us, and you are all encouraged to do so. I intend to hold a competition of sorts, and whoever recruits the most new members during the seasons of Tallsun and Orangemoon will receive a prize. I will leave the nature of this prize secret for now, but I am sure you will all wish to receive it." His eyes glint with untold secrets.

"Although the herd has always traditionally favoured pegasi, I believe in equality between the species. We are a family, and you will be treated equally upon our sands whether you bear a horn, wings, or nothing." There's a sternness in his deep rumble of a voice that increases during this last part. Racism will not be tolerated - ironic, given the man whose loins Volterra spawned from. "Visitors who approach the herd are to be treated with caution, but not outright hostility unless they display it first. In such a scenario, you must summon myself, the Sultana, or another high rank as soon as possible. Otherwise, remain civil - they may wish to join us." Another glance around is given. "For now, we are going to abolish seasonal patrols. Although you are all expected to gain as much information as you can on the neutral lands whenever you happen to be there, you will not be assigned a particular land to travel to. You are all encouraged to visit the Spectral Marsh as much as possible to try and gain information regarding Kaos. I have visited many times myself without luck, but the more pairs of eyes we have searching for clues, the more chance we have of finding something that will enable us to defeat him."

"In an effort to keep our highest ranks active, I intend to reassess them once a year. This is to encourage activity and to ensure our ranks will be used by the people who hold them. Which brings me directly to my next point." With a broad smile he looks across the herd, pride radiating in his features as he looks particularly at Astarot. His son, about to be elevated to a magic-bearing rank! "Syrena and Zèklè will be our new Artisans, charged with using that rank's magic to craft for the herd. Tae and Najya will retain their positions as Alchemists, and will be joined by Astarot." He flashes a grin towards his pale-faced son. "Our new Informants will be Sunjata and Ilios." Filling the highest ranks is of utmost importance, especially during these dark times.

"Finally - and perhaps most importantly - there is the issue of our new Sultana. As you all know, Aithniel has been sent on a quest by our own Sun God, and whilst we wish her all the best on her travels, we need to find somebody who can fill the space she has left behind." His crimson gaze travels across the Throatians, finally resting upon Ampere and offering her the smallest of rogueish smiles. "Ampere has served the Throat dutifully for many years, proving her worth on the battlefield as well as with matters of politics. For those reasons, amongst dozens of others, I have decided that she will rule at my side." He unleashes a loud, welcoming snort to the Mother of Companions and shuffles aside, inviting her with a gesture of his muzzle to stand beside him before their herd. "I believe she has some things of her own to say." He glances encouragingly at the stout mare.

image credits

Please allow Ampere to post first!

The main rule changes are as follows:

- Now characters with rank magic can accept newcomers, not just the Sultan/a
- Pegasi no longer favoured - all species equal
- Applications will be put up for the high ranks each Helovian year, meaning people in those ranks will need to reapply. As long as you're active you will retain your rank, this is to weed out inactivity and to encourage new people into ranks :D

Rank changes are as follows:

- @Ampere to Sultana
- @Syrena and @Zèklè to Artisan
- @Najya , @Tae and @Astarot to Alchemist
- @Sunjata and @Ilios to Informant
Which means you all get rank magic, yay! Congrats guys :D

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
raise atlantis - by Volterra - 03-14-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: raise atlantis - by Ampere - 03-15-2017, 02:03 AM
RE: raise atlantis - by Vitani - 03-15-2017, 02:38 AM
RE: raise atlantis - by Sunjata - 03-15-2017, 02:47 AM
RE: raise atlantis - by Saoirse - 03-15-2017, 04:01 AM
RE: raise atlantis - by Syrena - 03-15-2017, 09:40 AM
RE: raise atlantis - by Farah - 03-15-2017, 04:29 PM
RE: raise atlantis - by Astarot - 03-15-2017, 05:46 PM
RE: raise atlantis - by Ilios - 03-16-2017, 01:58 AM
RE: raise atlantis - by Melita - 03-16-2017, 05:17 PM