the Rift

conceit of deceit [SNEAKS]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Imogen remains quiet, which I guess is fine. It is, after all, a key talent of our skill group, silence, just usually not in meetings. Besides, if she’s not saying anything, it means I’ve said plenty enough, and maybe that, well, she has nothing left to say. Smiling, quite proud of myself, I cast my eyes out on those gathered in the cool of the tent, finding that only one of the gentleman beneath the blue fabric has much to say.

The stranger, interestingly enough; I look towards the effeminate male with eyes that don’t necessarily judge, but don’t really understand, either. From the sheer volume of his softly curled hair, the gentle simper of his gentle, smoky voice, I’ve never met anyone quite so flummoxing genderless before. Only the rise and prominence of the bones in his face purely identify him as male, or, at least, mostly so, and even then, I am left with the faintest glimmer of wonder.

Why does it matter? Duir asks, and, not sure why it should, I move on – made easier by the topic at hoof. Information, huh? It’s awfully tempting, and I’ll probably take him up on it. At the same time, however, I wonder just what sort of person leaves a position of command to be a pee-on in an unknown realm. Is he a spy, sent here to tell convoluted truths, to trick and deceive, while keeping all the real secrets for return to someone else? Is he simply a turn cloak, set to his own ends, building a web on which to perch?

I don’t have time to worry about whether he is a spider or a snitch, however, my eyes drawn to the glimmer of metal which Toulouse draws forth into the dim light.

Laughing at Roland’s reaction to the golden thief procuring his circlet (maybe not the best way to handle it, of course, but the chestnut looks so offended as he steps forward to claim it), I try to stifle my guffaw as best as I can, nodding with a grin at the dappled man when he states he has nothing to share, but his services.

"The more we know of the other realms, the better,"I answer, with a nod, "in that regard, I recently heard rumors that the Hidden Falls has disbanded. Perhaps someone should go investigate? Maybe the former inhabitants left some things of use behind. At the very least, their garden surely has at least a few things ours doesn’t, if everything else proves fruitless."

Looking at Toulouse, last, I add: "I can meet with you this evening, here, if Imogen agrees to the late hour. I have to see to some things first."

They weren’t important. They weren’t even really things, so much as selfish inclinations to spend time doing what I wanted. Maybe I’d just follow around some of the others in the herd some more, watching, or take a nice, long reverie somewhere secluded. No one had to know that though, right?

I’d show back up with some glowing mushrooms, to keep everything illuminated during our talk. That would make it seem more legit… even if they grew en masse in the corners of my chosen cavern.

"Otherwise, keep your eyes open and step light, gentlemen," I grin, glancing towards my winged comrade with a wink, before looking back around at everyone in turn, "and lady, of course."

[ So concludes the meeting ~

Rikyn has asked the team to tail a herd mate or learn a stranger's secrets, or to investigate the former herd land of the Hidden Falls. The Healing Spring which the Earth God made is certainly notable news! The next Sneak event should start April 17th, the day after Easter, lead by Imogen (and your new new Thief) so expect a tag around then.

Thank you to everyone for showing up at the patrol! :'D I'm really proud and honored, and hope you guys are having as much fun as I am so far. ]

Art by Esa82@DA

@Imogen @Toulouse @Albrecht @Roland

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Rikyn - 03-22-2017, 11:19 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Imogen - 03-22-2017, 11:52 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Toulouse - 03-23-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Albrecht - 03-24-2017, 12:18 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Roland - 03-28-2017, 09:52 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Rikyn - 03-29-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Imogen - 03-30-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Toulouse - 03-31-2017, 07:52 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Roland - 04-05-2017, 01:18 AM
RE: conceit of deceit [SNEAKS] - by Rikyn - 04-07-2017, 11:15 AM