the Rift

[PRIVATE] hit me with an encore

Mordecai Posts: 77
Aurora Basin Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

Being alone wasn't all that bad. In fact, Mordecai quite enjoyed spending hours, or days, or even weeks by herself. She definitely didn't miss Rikyn and his sarcastic remarks or Duir and his frightened eyes ... or so she told herself. In reality she had enjoyed their company and teaching the unicorn stallion Dothraki, even if his tongue was foolish and clumsy when it came to forming the words, which he would never admit to. The man was a perfectionist and she was pretty positive that he thought everything he did was perfect even if it wasn't.

Honestly, though, she hadn't meant to be gone as long as she was. She'd just needed a break from Rikyn, but a couple of hours turned into a few days, which turned into weeks, and eventually she completely lost track of time. When she finally went back to the cave he was long gone, but that was no surprise. Frostfall had disipated, Birdsong had come and gone, and now Tallsun was well underway. The incessant heat reminded her of the Dragon's Throat and there was a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach, but she wasn't sure if it was longing, homesickness, or annoyance.

Searching the cave one last time for Rikyn prooved to be a waste of time, and she squinted against the bright sunlight as she rejoined the world above ground. Even in the dark coolness of the cave she had still managed to work up a sweat. It lathered her sides and under her wings, and under the thick, heavy blanket of her mane -- a near perfect reminder of why she hated Tallsun and could barely tolerate the Dragon's Throat. She wasn't the cleanest mare, but she hated being covered in sweat, especially when it dried and stuck to her coat.

Her head dipped down and she pawed at the loose sand that surrounded the area around the caves. It wasn't water,  but it would serve it's purpose well enough. A quick glance around was enough to assure herself that there was no threat close by. Her legs folded as she lowered herself to the ground and began to roll. Her wings flapped and her legs flailed and, from far away, she probably looked as though she were severely injured. By the time she was finished sand coated her sides, legs, neck, and even the side of her face. The magpie stood, shook the loose sand from her coat and meandered away from the cave.

"."

Translation:

MORDECAI

maybe life is nothing more than a curse inside the blessed
i'll fight this bloody war with every strangled breath
credits

@Rikyn
the emptiness that we confess in the dimmest hour of day
in Automatown they make a sound like the low sad moan of prey

Messages In This Thread
hit me with an encore - by Mordecai - 04-11-2017, 03:02 PM
RE: hit me with an encore - by Rikyn - 04-13-2017, 12:15 PM