the Rift

[PRIVATE] strawberry fields forever

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Their children will learn to hope for a Caesar.

Drawn out into the Steppe by the serenity and promise of silence therein, the trails lead me north, and further north still, until the rocky paths vanish all together, replaced, instead, with game trails.  Steadily making my way along one such path, passing through branches that gently sway in my wake; the only hooves imprinted on the clay below seem to be those of deer, or the smallest toed unicorn I’ve ever seen, and, as I come into a clearing, I lay eyes on the creatures that had left them.

Three does stand in the shade of tall white oaks, interspersed with towering, sentinel pines, at least a hundred years old each, their young saplings and meager tree-children standing many, many meters beneath their elders.  It’s hard to decide which to look at, first:  the graceful lift of the female deer’s heads, their round, dark eyes wide with surprise, their fawns, with snow-dapples among the brilliant chestnut of their soft coats, or the stand of pines and oak, proud and regal against the blue horizon.

So I stop, to take it all in, at least until one doe bounds from the clearing, and her companions follow suit, their white tails exposed to me as they crash into the cover of the forest.  Duir, arriving alongside me, watches them flee with a sad expression.

Why you scare them for? he complains, having, so far, gone out of his way to meet any and all four legged creatures who’d crossed his path and weren’t bigger than he is.

Didn’t know they were there, I reply, an overtone layered into the mental phrase that suggests, perhaps, I was a bit disheartened they’d left, too, must be good grazing, though, if there were so many, right?

I try and recover, making my way into the clearing, my tail curving about my haunches as I move, eagerly, towards the patches of wildflower and grass they’d been eating from.  With surprise, I find a patch of wild strawberries, noticing, as I see them, that some of the bushes along the far side of the clearing seem to be blackberries, also - almost as if someone had once tended a secret, hidden garden here.  Regardless, large and fully ripened, they look way too good to pass up, and I happily begin munching away with Duir, doing my best to remember how I got here so I can one day make it back.

[ OOC: LOOK FOOD ALBRECHT maybe they will both be nicer with full bellies? ;D  It's gonna work this time I just know eet ~~ ]

@Albrecht

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
strawberry fields forever - by Rikyn - 04-13-2017, 02:49 PM
RE: strawberry fields forever - by Albrecht - 05-06-2017, 10:39 AM
RE: strawberry fields forever - by Rikyn - 05-09-2017, 08:24 AM
RE: strawberry fields forever - by Albrecht - 05-11-2017, 07:21 AM
RE: strawberry fields forever - by Rikyn - 05-11-2017, 08:09 AM
RE: strawberry fields forever - by Albrecht - 05-24-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: strawberry fields forever - by Rikyn - 06-01-2017, 10:01 AM