the Rift

Was the joke that bad? [open]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn

As the stranger and I make eye contact, and his dark mouth parts as if to speak, a sudden upheaval of the scenario by the arrival of the small warrior who had come to parlay with Volterra, and the rest of the horses from the Throat. Meeting his chipper gaze with my own less cheerful one, though still smiling (it’s hard to be as happy as a hobbit, about as difficult as being optimistic as a Tiamat), I nod my head in greeting.

Not the sort to queerly half-shout everything with such glee as to rouse birds from their slumber, I used to be perturbed by people like Pippigrin, at least until I’d returned to Helovia. Being among those with warm hearts on a regular basis, those who were not hardened by war, and the upheaval and death they were sure to cause, had begun to teach me to appreciate even their somewhat annoying good nature. Of all those that I had met in my life, it was only those who had known me since I was very small, or those who were aggravatingly happy (like the tiny pegasus, here) who had genuinely tried to see me, and help, or, at the very least, act like they gave a shit.

Not that I needed them to, not really. I had this.

Duir snorts. Yeah, okay.

"Hey, Pippin," I reply, not bothering to answer how it goes. I’m Thresholding, that’s how it goes. I’m either bored out of my mind or pondering going out the only way in this place called Helovia, and he can take his pick. Regardless, soon this Negan guy (or so he introduces himself) is answering us both, and I find myself smirking at the “impressive” comment. Was it sincere or a gentle stroke over my ego to help persuade me to be chattier than I might otherwise?

He could carry on, regardless.

"Well, this is the Threshold," I answer, my words many, but necessary, if Negan isn’t to feel lost in the new world he’s found himself in, "beyond this forest there is a broad meadow that will lead you to any of the three kingdoms of Helovia. I hail from the north, a land called the Aurora Basin. It is a green valley ringed by mountains and pines, and at its heart is an unfreezing lake; as the name of the land suggests, the skies are often filled with auroras, as well. All three realms have a patron God, though there are two others about. Ours is the God of Time and Spark, though we certainly do not ask that you pay Him or the others anything more than respect when in their presence. The herd itself is a motley collection of warriors, healers, thinkers, and thieves, primarily of unicorn descent. We otherwise spend our time training or trading with the other realms, preparing ourselves and our borders for whatever might come. I’m sure Pip can tell you more about the Throat, yeah?"

I finish, looking at the pony with a grin, wondering (and doubting) if he's had the same thought I have on the matter of information on the third herd: and the Edge should have sent their own recruiting agents!

[ OOC: <3 it's okay. I'm also busy on the weekends usually so I totally understand. If you have any questions about the Basin or Helovia in general feel free to PM me or hit me up on discord, otherwise welcome welcome :D ]

’cause we need a little controversy
@Negan

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Negan - 04-13-2017, 03:01 PM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Rikyn - 04-13-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Pippigrin - 04-14-2017, 12:42 AM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Negan - 04-17-2017, 10:08 AM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Rikyn - 04-17-2017, 02:55 PM
RE: Was the joke that bad? [open] - by Pippigrin - 04-22-2017, 10:25 AM