the Rift

[OPEN] time honored traditions [FESTIVAL PREP II]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

R I K Y N   &   D U I R

Figuring that, if I was going to be telling everyone else to work, I should probably lead by example (Duir, snorting alongside me, rolls his eyes at my casual failure to give him credit for a two hour long conversation we’d had last night, at his insistence), I rise before the Sun, and make my way towards the open space of valley alongside the lake.  The Moon is sinking behind the tall rise of the mountains as I approach, the cool smell of autumn already sweeping in from the ice-locked north, and, unsurprisingly, I’m alone. 

Pausing to stretch, my haunches rising as my chest drops, my forelegs reaching before me, I rise and roll my shoulders, before stretching each leg out in turn, and pulling my head about to touch my sides several times.  Feeling sufficiently limber, I begin to move through the area, picking up stray branches, stones, and other things which have become discarded in the past year.  Stacking them up neatly to the side, just in case the stray things come in handy, I pause, and wonder where my deer has got to for a moment.

Getting mushrooms! he says, revealing a sizeable stash he’s found in a narrow ravine in a nearby pass (there is no way I’d be able to get in there) through our mental bond.  Glad he’s being productive, and taking from some place so obviously overgrown, and not my cave, I carry on.

I’m glad to note that there isn’t much debris, our herd being, at the very least, responsible with their mess.  Within the hour, I’m at the old dance and gathering area, which has, per usual, overgrown with a year’s disuse.  Some patches are still barren, however, and the not so far from the shore area isn’t hard to pick out.  Promptly setting to pulling up bunches of grass and wildflowers, occasionally pausing to haul them off into a brush pile to use for a fire later, the rising Sun quickly sets sweat to gleaming in the folds of my coffee toned flesh as I work.

[ OOC:  Feel free to join in and help!  Tasks that need doing are:
  • Small bonfires prepped (unlit) or bundles of glowing mushrooms from overhanging branches or “lamp-posts” (pine branches stuck in the ground lol) along the border of the dance area, the entire lake, and other attractions
  • Clearing the dance floor
  • Fortune teller’s booth
  • Story teller’s area
  • Pine branch wolf and cloth tails, cloth blindfold
  • Rings for ring toss, and a standing line
  • Finish/starting line for lake race ]

• this is not destruction
    this is your birth

image credits

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
    time honored traditions [FESTIVAL PREP II] - by Rikyn - 05-01-2017, 11:43 AM