the Rift

[OPEN] dusk encroaches in

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
R I K Y N   &   D U I R

The hour is late by the time I return from the cave of the Haruspex; I’d, of course, wanted to be accommodating, and answer questions that were asked, and to not rush them back to the rest of their gathering.  Still, by the time we rejoin the large group at the fore of the land, the Sun is midway to fallen, and the shadows are long, but not yet excessively tall and lean, as they are in the final hours before night.  Duir, still among them, playing with Remy and admiring the small Safiri (he’s not seen a foal since the last we’d met with Virga), looks up at my approach, and blasts his loud, shrill deer-creature call to me.

Why? I ask him, answered with an emotional blast of cheer and elation as he bounds towards me, pivoting back about to prance alongside me as I make my way towards Rexanna.  Nodding farewell to Ingrid and Akumi, as well as the others from the Edge, and leaving the affairs of where they go from here up to them and the soldiers, I move to tend to my promise to Rexanna.

Bouncing happily with graceful leaps, Duir returns to Marembo, dropping his nose to breathe around his soft ears.

"Are you all ready?" I ask the familiar mare with a smile, my head at shoulder’s height, "his resting place is not too far.  Miss Safiri should be able to make the walk there and back, I’d think."

I look at the little one, wondering what sort of things we could set her doing once we get there.  Aside from the pile of rocks that is Uncle Deimos’ tomb, there’s jack-all out that way to do.  Duir, looking up from his games with Marembo, cheerfully intones:  me and Remy got that, don’t worry!

this is not destruction
this is your birth

image credits

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
dusk encroaches in - by Rikyn - 05-05-2017, 11:05 AM
RE: dusk encroaches in - by Rexanna - 05-26-2017, 01:16 PM
RE: dusk encroaches in - by Rikyn - 06-07-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: dusk encroaches in - by Rexanna - 06-10-2017, 01:08 AM
RE: dusk encroaches in - by Erebos - 06-10-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: dusk encroaches in - by Rexanna - 06-11-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: dusk encroaches in - by Rikyn - 06-12-2017, 10:29 AM
RE: dusk encroaches in - by Erebos - 06-23-2017, 06:44 PM