the Rift

[OPEN] Big wheel keeps on turnin' [BIRTHING]

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie
Glacia

I want him closer, but I had already ruined that when my mouth had wrought cutting words on his poor being. Instead I try to focus on everything but the pain and the contractions. His breathing. I almost wonder what he's thinking. But I don't ask, and am left in silence. He says something at one point, but I am unable to really focus on what he actually said.

After what seemed an eternity, the sof sing song voices of Lena touches my ears however, and weakly my head lifts to look at her. Her presence is instantly soothing. She knows what to do. The trust I had in the bridsong was unyeilding. She was my idol growing up, and I had seen her heal a wound that I thought was impossible to heal. Granted there was a scar there still I'm sure, but she was amazing.

"... I'll sing, you breath." She was laying behind me, and as her soft lullaby's began I let my head rest, and focused on the job at hand...
---------

Finally, it was over. It's amazing, how in such extreme exhaustion, we mares are still able to stand after the birth. But I wasn't sure if I wanted to stand. I was sitting up, legs ready to go, but I was frozen. It hesitated only for a moment, but it felt so long, because I wasn't sure if I wanted to see her. What if she wasn't alive? What if I had failed yet again? She had been moving this morning, it was preposterous. But I still couldn't shake the fear that maybe, just maybe something had happened to her.

But I stand, and slowly turn to look at her. And gods is she beautiful. Tears that I didn't think I had anymore were already streaming down my face as I looked down at the beautiful creature that was my daughter. I watched as her rib cage moved softly. Breathing. She was alive. And I cried even harder. My muzzle reaching down to begin to clean her. She was all that mattered. My legs folded to curl around her. Beautiful child. My eyes slowly did lift to look at Rikyn. "She's beautiful....Our child is so beautiful." A smile pulled at my lips, as I looked back at her. My heart swelled at the sight of her. She would do great things. I would be a better mother to her than I had to Kvasir. I look to Lena before my attention is completely gone to focus on my child. "Thank you, Lena."

"Talk."
@Rikyn
@Lena

Open! ALSO WELCOME LITTLE GWYN
image | bckg

Messages In This Thread
Big wheel keeps on turnin' [BIRTHING] - by Glacia - 05-05-2017, 10:40 PM
RE: Big wheel keeps on turnin' [BIRTHING] - by Glacia - 05-20-2017, 08:59 PM