the Rift

When I was small

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
the world is kept alive only by heretics

I've returned. Because this is my home. It doesn't matter how many other lands I see, who I meet or what relationships I've formed there because I will always belong in Helovia. The gods have disappointed me and so have the residents. I've seen the errors in our ways in my absence and hesitated to return because I know what I have to do, and it's going to be hard.

The road ahead of me is difficult and some would say impossible, but I have to start somewhere. Helovia deserves better and I was born for a reason. My purpose is to make this world stable again while are fathers and mothers do nothing but watch as Kaos and the demons from the Rift threaten us yet again.

So while I walk through these familiar trees, it is like a dream. Or a nightmare. Orangemoon leaves make the trees look like fire, and the ground is damp with that rich, rainy smell. Helovia is beautiful. No one can deny that, but it is also flawed. I can see it even now amidst all this beauty and splendor, and it takes every ounce of self control I possess to not set it all ablaze right now.

I weighed that option carefully. I could burn Helovia down so it could start again from the ashes, but it deserved one more chance.

Just one.

Then I'd have to destroy everything so it could begin anew.

I stop at a small stream to drink, wondering if the noble herd activists would come running for me or if they would steer clear. I've been gone long enough that new faces wouldn't recognize me - that is if rumors about the sun god's child hadn't infected everyone's ears.

Zera huffed from my back, the gold and white griffin perched daintily there. He wasn't happy about returning. I don't exactly blame him given all he had seen and all the damage done to his bond mate. He saw our travels as a vacation when it was anything but, and he didn't want it to be over. "This is where we belong, Zera," I told him gently.

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
When I was small - by Aithniel - 05-08-2017, 11:34 AM
RE: When I was small - by Pippigrin - 05-08-2017, 12:22 PM
RE: When I was small - by Ampere - 05-08-2017, 02:50 PM