the Rift

[PRIVATE] my baby gunned me down

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

I pause in the overhanging shadow of the archway, as if to let Mordecai pass by me, and into the valley, to get a good first look.  Really, it’s a defensive position, and blocks one immediate exit, because, though it’s been small talk on the way back from our usual, Heart Cave activities, I’ve been quietly plotting the rest out in my head along the way.  By the rest, I mean the ugly truth of what had become of, so far, anyway, the worst year of my life.

"Hey, Mordecai, look," I say, using common, because I suck at Dothraki, and this is important; accidentally calling something a buttock because I’d chosen the wrong word from memory, for instance, would help nothing.  She got mad enough when I fucked up her native tongue when the topic wasn’t upsetting to begin with.  "Before we go in and I show you around, I have to tell you something.  And I don’t think you’re going to like it."

Swallowing, I man up, earning an approving glance from Duir.  It does little to ease the trembling inside me that I’m about to receive a sizeable ass kicking.

"I…  I have a daughter.  Her name is Gwyn," I begin, which isn’t that alarming, in and of itself, because lots of people have daughters at my age; it’s the timeline that I cement with my words that I’m pretty sure will set the tempestuous magpie off, because we technically hadn't broken anything off yet (and might very well have recently been, you know, involved) at the time of my daughter's conception, "and she was born at the end of Tallsun."

Bracing for acid magic, or worse, I leave it at that, letting Mordecai ask whatever questions she has (if she chooses words over violence).

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
my baby gunned me down - by Rikyn - 05-25-2017, 09:42 AM
RE: my baby gunned me down - by Mordecai - 05-31-2017, 12:17 PM
RE: my baby gunned me down - by Rikyn - 06-01-2017, 11:20 AM