the Rift

[PRIVATE] Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella

She felt his touch, warm and electrifying against her cheek, and she felt herself leaning into it. He was like fire, setting her ablaze, kindling the smoldering embers that kept threatening to be snuffed out. She had been so ready to give up, so prepared to lay down and let the world crumble around her. She had wanted to be buried by the debris, and now she felt herself scrambling, wanting to find fresh air, wanting to claw her way to the surface and touch the sky. But more than that, in the subtleties of her own exhale, barely a sigh, the way she ever so slightly pressed her cheek into his touch, she felt like she finally fit back into a place where she belonged.

His smile and his laugh, though short lived, brought a small smile to her own face. She listened intently, appreciating his reassurances, and when he stopped speaking of their children, it left her wanting more. It made her sad, though, hearing the hint at turmoil when he mentioned the Basin, which she had been told she was an integral part of, and hoped, prayed, that she hadn’t had a part in his unhappiness there. She had no recollection of their abusive and racist past, nor did she know that they had finally moved past that, especially with the passing of her esteemed king. She shivered as he moved away, suddenly remembering how cold the air was, and settled back onto her own four hooves as he continued on.

She stood before him, vulnerable, open, weak, and still he spoke with kindness and forgiveness. No matter what she had done, no matter her past transgressions, he was still willing to put that all behind them so that she could be a part of this life again. “I want nothing more,” she began, voice soft, gentle, careful not to break the beautiful thing that filled the air. “I can’t do this alone. But if you’re there, if you’d be willing…” she trailed off, taking a small step away, and it made her heart ache to put more distance between them. A breeze, cold and chilling, a reminder of the season, and perhaps a warning of so much more, forced it’s way against her pelt, running it’s chilling fingers through her hair, carrying his scent to her nose, but also carried the scent of the land around them. She had nearly forgotten that the world had continued spinning, that it hadn’t frozen for them, that this moment wasn’t contained and memorialized in crystal or stone, but would instead pass as all moments do. She looked to him, searching his eyes, wondering if he could heal her, if he could patch up her breaks and mend the bruises, if he could kiss away the aches and protect her from the world. But she couldn’t place that burden upon his shoulders. He had offered himself to her, offered to help and mend and fix, and for a moment she believed that whatever it was that they held in careful hands and beating broken hearts could fix everything. She didn’t want to pull herself away. She didn’t want to unravel at the seams and lose what he had just given her.

“Mesec,” she began, eyes soft, words steady, ”I want to fix this. I want us to be a family. Vesper, Virga, you, and I. I want nothing more. But there’s still something I have to do. I need to find someone who can heal what started all of this. Then, and only then, can I return to where I belong.” She finally broke eye contact, looking past him, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to spring forward again. “I am glad you were able to collect our children from the Basin. I would never want you to put yourself into a position that wasn’t good for you, nor would I have been happy knowing that you were separated from our children due to a troubled history. But, I think that may be where some of my answers lie. I don’t want you to have to return to that place.” She shook her head, her heart twisting in her chest. “I’ve been told that the Aurora Basin was my home, somewhere that I was important, somewhere I belonged.” Eyes glanced back, caught the glowing whites, and a smile spread across her lips, a sad and somber expression, but she knew that sometimes, you can’t have it all. “But when I’ve collected my things, tied up my affairs, gathered the answers I need, I will leave behind the frozen mountains, the towering pines, the stone and ice and my old family, if that means finally being able to return to my children. I’m not sure what we were, but I know that you are family. You three, you are my home. I will never forget that again, and I will never allow it to slip away.” And she would. She would cast away her ties, leave behind everything, if it meant that she could be the mother that her daughter deserved. Her next words were whispered, meant for him, for her small family, spoken like a promise, a vow, an oath. “I’ll follow you all to the ends of the earth.”

Despite knowing she needed to leave, she couldn’t bring herself to turn and go. She wasn’t ready, but she would probably never be ready to leave again. Not now, knowing that her dreams had been real, knowing that her daughter was out there without a mother, that her son was lost. She couldn’t help but wonder if her priorities were right. She needed to leave, but not yet. She could wait another moment. There were so many moments left. She had the rest of her life beneath the endless Helovian sky, with the grasses beneath her feet and the fresh air rushing into her lungs. She could enjoy the dying light of this moment before night came. Again she smiled. “Tell me more about them. I want to know everything that I’ve missed.” She would cling to every word, and hoped that as he spoke about them, she would learn more about him. There was so much she didn’t know, even buried in fractured and buried memory. “And, when you see Vesper, tell her that her mother is looking for her. Tell her that her mother loves her, and is sorry, and that everything will be better, if she’ll have me.”

Ki'irha
you taught me the courage of stars before you left, how light carries on endlessly even after death

image credits

@Mesec ~
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Ki'irha - 05-30-2017, 08:32 AM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 05-31-2017, 01:10 PM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-08-2017, 06:01 AM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-11-2017, 06:41 PM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-27-2017, 08:28 PM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Mesec - 06-27-2017, 08:28 PM
RE: Tallsun Kisses & Orangemoon Wishes - by Ki'irha - 07-01-2017, 05:38 PM