the Rift

[OPEN] What is HOME

Canaan Posts: 18
Aurora Basin Phantom
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 5
Silk

Canaan
Screams of the Innocent

Continuing on, my increasingly wearied form carried me to the beginning of a strange looking land. It wasn't terribly different from the steppes that I had just come from. There was a thin layer of snow on the ground, melted in some areas, and the lush grass of summer poked through from underneath. As I neared what I presumed to be the entrance, I noticed two towering equine figures. I found myself intimidated just by their sheer size, and I peered up at them as I approached. I stopped at the base of their granite enormity and reached my dark muzzle forward to brush the frost-covered stone. I wondered at their presence and construction. Were they present here from the world's making? (Of course I had no knowledge that magic existed in this land or that somehow these humongous stones were possessed to defend the herd land.)

My snow-spattered hooves carried me past the statues and into a clearing that was presumably the Aurora Basin. After all, that's what lay before me - a basin. My footsteps were quiet and it seemed there was no one nearby. That being said, I was sure that I would be practically ambushed soon, as had happened in the threshold. I shook my skull and neck, snorting as I lowered my nostrils to the ground to sniff the scents there. There wasn't much to pick up - there were many scents and I couldn't separate them without knowing who they belonged to. Besides, what seemed like fresh snow obscured the confusion of it even more.

Lifting my head I continued forward, wandering through a small copse of pines and breathed in their scent. It was refreshing and invigorated my senses. In my travels the mud had dried, the exercise had warmed me, and I no longer felt the chill that I had in the steppes. I stopped there in the spaced trees, wondering how long it would take for anyone to find me if I stayed quiet. I whinnied to no one in particular, then stood in silence to listen to any returning calls. Who might come? Did it matter?

"blah blah blah."

You may use force with Canaan with the exception of permanent maiming or death.
OOC
Thread Tracker
Wish List
DeviantArt

Messages In This Thread
What is HOME - by Canaan - 06-07-2017, 08:06 PM
RE: What is HOME - by Rikyn - 06-08-2017, 09:19 AM
RE: What is HOME - by Wessex - 06-08-2017, 05:32 PM
RE: What is HOME - by Canaan - 06-09-2017, 02:35 PM
RE: What is HOME - by Rikyn - 06-10-2017, 01:32 PM
RE: What is HOME - by Wessex - 06-12-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: What is HOME - by Canaan - 06-12-2017, 07:49 PM