the Rift

[OPEN] Don't scare the new girl [Welcoming!]

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
One thick-bodied tank leads the other, crashing her way through the land and heading in a steady northwest direction, until the air seems to grow a bit chillier, the ground harder, and all flora either brown or leafless. Fall is well on its way to winter up here, where they wake to a ground glistening in hoarfrost and a clammy, lingering fog. At least her heavier frame will do well up here, Wessex things, knowing that bulk traps heat better than slenderness does, and if the past couple of weeks are any indication, they’re in for a doozy of a winter.

She makes a mental note to check in with the Weavers while she’s in the Basin - just to see if they’ve got enough supplies to make cloaks if need be. That comes under her domain now, doesn’t it? As like, the general moral and caretaking of the herd? She doesn’t want to have to explain any frozen corpses to the God next time she has to summon him. ’Yeah, no one was paying attention and our negligence allowed someone to die. But you’re not mad, right?’ Wessex can’t imagine that would go over well.

She obligingly points out a couple of places of interest on their way to the Basin - the Blood Falls, the Steppe, and the direction of The World’s Edge herd, but otherwise Wessex chooses to remain silent unless Vahana wishes to ask any questions. A land bridge narrows before them, flat and barren, leading to an impressive mountain range, and the valley that nestles at its western edge. Soon, a pair of metal sentinels come into view, massive statues of unicorns which guard their gates. They’re useless right now, but the Haruspex isn’t going to tell Vahana that yet. “This is it,” she says, “Welcome to the Aurora Basin. Should actually be able to see the aurora borealis at night now.”

Yellow-orange eyes glance towards the mare. “If you decide you like it up here, we have a whole rank and caste system of jobs. Weavers, warriors, spies, and wise ones. Religion, too, if you’re into that.” It’s a rather smooth, offhanded remark, but she figures strangers should know what they’re getting into. The Spark doesn’t demand fanaticism, just that they don’t fuck things up too much. And well - that’s always a work in progress. Physically, Wessex has her own ideas about where Vahana might fit in, but she’s not too sure about the mare’s personality - some just aren’t meant for violence. Like Vertigo. She’s a large, but gentle creature. Kind of useless on the battlefield, but that’s what the warriors are for, right?

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Vahana  
Everyone come say hello!
Also, let me know if you want Vahana's rank changed to Aurora Basin Mare
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
Don't scare the new girl [Welcoming!] - by Wessex - 06-08-2017, 01:38 PM