the Rift

[P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou?

Akeli Posts: 13
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 2 Seasons (Ages in Birdsong)
Gremlin :: Common Genet :: None Noella
akeli
Something stirs within her breast, a sense of profound loss and longing for her mother, a feeling that will undoubtedly follow her forever. The sharp edges may dull, the flat surface may bow to fit the inside curvature of her heart for a more comfortable fit, and she will eventually outgrow the overwhelming ache, and instead hold close a sadness that only creeps in under the cloak of the night. Certainly she will always miss her mother. But, blooming within the murky haze is a glowing light, warm and comforting, a desire to continue on. Perhaps the mean mare is right.

When she introduces the cool brown creature, the filly dips her head and bends her knees, dipping into the smallest curtsy, eyeing the beaver wolf curiously. “Oh, a bear? He’s really cute. He doesn’t look like he’s a predator.” Mama always said that predators ate grown ups for dinner and foals for dessert, so she is naturally wary, despite the way she can’t help but feel somewhat reassured. “You guys must be best friends if you’re bonded by your hearts and minds! Maybe some day I’ll have a companion, too.”

She pauses her yammering when the mare asks to see her marking. She misses the look exchanged between the bonded pair, otherwise she would have probably shown more discretion. She hadn't thought that the lady would actually want to see her cloud spot, so now she’s giddy with excitement.

The child, so consumed by this mare finally being a little friendly, twists around, jabbing her nose at a white patch at the base of her tail. “See?” She trills, looking back at the mare expectantly, her tail wiggling. Honestly, the patch doesn’t look like much of anything, other than a splash of white paint that mars her grey dappled hide, just as the other white markings do. One could assume she made the correlation staring at clouds one day, but still, she hopes for some validation.

Finally moving past the ridiculous game of figuring out what her markings look like, Akeli straightens up, bringing her eyes to meet the mare’s. “You’re right, I think,” she states, nodding her head affirmatively. “My mama is gone, but I am not. Its kinda scary out there, though, especially because night is almost here.” She peeks around the constrictor, noticing how the inky blues have already begun to assume their place in the sky. She thinks about asking the woman if she could follow her around, if maybe she would protect her and let her hang around until she is grown enough to take care of herself. But isn’t that rude? Ears and brows rise as an idea is born, and a wide smile curls her lips. “Hey, I know! Maybe I can follow Eytan around and he can be my friend too? He can’t eat me if we’re friends. Besides, it’s too cold to go out there by myself.” Her skin shudders with the harsh nerves of anticipation. She casts her gold gaze towards the bear, again nodding, hoping he will play along with her rouse. “So, whaddya think, uh,” she tips her head, realizing that she doesn’t even know the name of her new protector. “Miss unicorn, what’s your name? My name is Akeli!”
I’d give anything to hear you say it one more time,
That the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes.
image | coding

@Ktulu ~
[Image: _gift__akeli_pixel_by_abbie1234-d9po0qh_zps6qympgzb.png]
Please tag Akeli in all posts || Permission for magic and force at all times, except in cases of permanent injury or death.

Messages In This Thread
[P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou? - by Akeli - 06-10-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: [P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou? - by Ktulu - 06-10-2017, 06:05 PM
RE: [P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou? - by Akeli - 06-10-2017, 06:14 PM
RE: [P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou? - by Ktulu - 06-10-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: [P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou? - by Akeli - 06-10-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: [P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou? - by Ktulu - 06-25-2017, 12:58 AM
RE: [P] Oh Mother, Where Are Thou? - by Akeli - 06-29-2017, 08:11 PM