the Rift

[OPEN] I went blind for you

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
The smoke takes the Edge, and Yael flees, entirely too cognizant of the extra weight she carries - not just the burden of a child, but the iron mantle of guilt. Wherever the herd may go, she veers off, haste causing her to make dangerous, but calculated decisions. The babe is still small, perhaps at the point where one might just wonder if she’s gorged herself, but Zani… Zani is the problem. “Xold on tight, love” she tells him, inviting him to cling to the glass chain which hangs about her neck, to dig his claws into her skin (Yael deserves the pain, she deserves all of it), and she, in turn, will be so very careful.

It is, nevertheless, a harrowing journey. For both of them. She offers a thousand apologies to the kitten along the way, for this is a thing she must do, and he cannot be left behind. Some of it he understands, but the rest of her emotions are frenetic, jumbled even, as she cycles through determination and guilt, anger and despair and defiance over and over again.

They land in the Marsh, the only other place Yael can think to go. The altar rises before the pair, glowing markings taunting her with Peace and Kaos will save etched into the obelisk. Adonai, if she were the spitting type, she would! And yet, even in her anger, she is somewhat restrained - perhaps that is her major flaw (well, one of many) - that she did not stand up and demand an answer (but then, how does one demand anything of a God? He didn’t even show when she returned to the Veins) for his deceptive actions. And to bring her into it? He’d made her a pawn, a vessel for him to use, when he’d scorned the very same actions of the Helovian Gods. He’d bribed her with Zani, and like the desperate woman that she was, she fell for it. Hook. Line. Sinker.

“Kaos!” she screams into the empty air, which is sure to be filled with angry Helovians soon. “Xow ees zis peace? You take our xomes - for vhat? To vin against some ozer Gods? Xeepocrite!” Her breath comes ragged now, anger turning into bitter, self-loathing tears.Bevakasha, Ka-os! Atsor! Every action makes her complicit, every death will weigh heavy on her soul, and Adonia, she has too many deaths to own up to already.

If she survives whatever is to come, how will she be able to live with herself? "Please don't make me reegret vhat I've done..." she whispers into the silence, her real confessed to the only one who truly has any power left.

Yael

a lover of the light

Bevakasha, Ka-os! Atsor! = Please, Kaos! Stop!

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
I went blind for you - by Yael - 07-10-2017, 08:01 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Ki'irha - 07-10-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Thranduil - 07-10-2017, 09:36 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Yael - 07-11-2017, 03:28 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Ki'irha - 07-11-2017, 04:57 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Thranduil - 07-11-2017, 07:39 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Yael - 07-11-2017, 09:00 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Ki'irha - 07-11-2017, 09:36 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Thranduil - 07-11-2017, 10:23 PM