the Rift

Only the Beginning [EDIT: Aitheria, Lynx, Yiska, etc.]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

A bronze form stopped midst the sand, gazing out towards the distant blue of the lake. He had left Kri's side once and for all, unable to stand the temper that clouded her judgment. There would be no fixing her muddled logic, her arrogant claims of ownership over the land. She cared less for the herd than she would admit, but there was no point in screaming it across the desert, even though his heart longed to. The herd would learn, in time, of their leader's faults, and she would be replaced. Leander was confident in that. There was no doubt in his own mind that he could knock her from her throne as Svetlana had valiantly tried, but what would it gain him? Only a herd of so many sheep, who had followed one mare with their heads down and their mouths shut. They would not trust him. Gold pools gleamed across the horizon, searching for only the faces of a select few. His friends. Those who he had brought to the Throat, those who had put their loyalty in him.

"Friends! I ask for you to lend me your ears." He bellowed through the air, chords more warm and determined than they had ever been. It was the voice of a friend, a brother. Some would call it the voice of a leader, but he did not see himself as above any of them. They had just as much a right to guide and protect the ones they loved as he had. Standing tall amid windswept flaxen locks, a statuesque picture against the soil, he continued.
"I will not keep my title of Sultan here any longer. I cannot lead alongside Kri; her temper and arrogance clouds her mind, and I will not stand beside that. I have tried to reason calmly with her, but she will not consider any ideas aside from her own." He stated clearly, no hint of anger in his own vocals. He was past the point of being angry at the Sultana; there was nothing but steady disappointment and absolution in his words.
"I want to warn you of her faults, and encourage you to speak to her and see with your own eyes what I have seen." He paused, breifly, taking in a deep breath.
"There are some of you who have put your faith in me, and me alone. I will not abandon you, but I will not stay within these borders. If you still believe in my loyalty to you, I ask you to follow me from here and make a new life. I can only give you my protection, friendship, and true allegiance. I want to guide you as my brothers and sisters, not as my citizens. We will walk as equals." The golden held his heart in every word, holding himself for his friends choices. There would be some who would stay within the warm, safe borders, surrounded by the sea. And maybe they would even be the wiser for it, with the Basin Unicorns so lustful to spill the blood of their enemies. The copper form of Aitheria played through his mind, and the thought of her wise violet look gave him strength. Maybe there were some brave enough to start anew, to create their own codes instead of follow ones clutched tightly by a spiteful mare. There was hope.

[ooc: EDIT: Thank you for clearing up the confusion, Blu. ^^ ]

Messages In This Thread
Only the Beginning [EDIT: Aitheria, Lynx, Yiska, etc.] - by Leander - 12-22-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: Only the Beginning [Aitheria, Lynx, Yiska, Open] - by Svetlana - 12-22-2012, 06:00 PM