the Rift

The Wishing Well [Destrier]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Opening my eyes to the grey world of The Edge was something I sought comfort in. It was a life that had been given to me in spite of my value and I only hoped that one day I could prove such. There weren’t many of us before and while it seemed that our numbers had dwindled in the past few months, I was more than ready to accept the challenge of bringing new members home. After all, this was a wonderful place in which to call home. We were a herd of equality, of trust, and most of all, a herd united. I had been lucky enough to bring home a few members already, eager to show them the wonders of such a land, though, things had been put on hold after I met Tamira, who I was hoping would join me here as well. Though, I also hoped that her choice to join me in The Edge would not hurt our alliance with The Throat. It seemed that everyone had been suffering hardship in the past few weeks and The Edge was not alone in our suffering. Mirage was soon to be returned to her throne and I was jovial, spirited, and so overwhelmed by this news that I found myself wandering our borders, almost in waiting, as if I would glimpse her return within the hour.

Though, it would not be so. I knew patience was of the essence and soon, I would find solace in the comforting knowledge of her safety. Then, I would assume it only the best of ideas to return to the Threshold in search of prime new members, members who would grace our ranks and infiltrate the sparseness of our numbers. Lately, the Basin had been growing at a grand rate of speed and it was almost uncanny how many members they seemed to recruit, despite their efforts to actually recruit them. I was certainly going to have to step up my game if I wanted to improve our efficiency. Would it be wrong for me to do so? If I could recall, Leander had binged on the gathering of new members for the Throat, so would it be wrong if I were to follow suit? Though, he now claimed rank as an outcast- The Lionheart banned from his home like a mere dog put outside on a chain.

It nearly sickened me.

I only hoped that I would suffer no such fate, though, I wasn’t sure what had landed him in such a position. It made me think of Tamira and how I would feel if I could not lay eyes upon her glorious face again, lest it be here in The Edge-outcast like so many of those in the Basin, despite their new homeland. I was the definition of all things they worked against, simply because I did not wear a horn upon my brown. How foolish to turn away hearts and souls because of their appearance. It was a sickening act that made no real sense to me and I wasn’t really sure if it ever would.

Around me, the mists hung low in the warmth of the spring. It was a pleasant morning that I had not expected after the frigid cool of the night. The forest was growing thick with green and it colored nearly the entire sky above as it spread out and along the branches above me. I could hear the distant lapping of the ocean below me as I staggered along the cliff’s edge and it seemed to lull me into a quiet reverie, lapsing me into the past as I had done too many times before. All that I could induce from this form of remembrance was a gratitude for this place, this land, this bit of rock, that I now called home.

[ooc: I'm sorry, I'm terrible at introduction posts... x.X]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Messages In This Thread
The Wishing Well [Destrier] - by Thor - 12-27-2012, 04:01 AM
RE: The Wishing Well [Destrier] - by Destrier - 12-29-2012, 12:03 AM
RE: The Wishing Well [Destrier] - by Thor - 12-29-2012, 12:58 AM
RE: The Wishing Well [Destrier] - by Destrier - 12-29-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: The Wishing Well [Destrier] - by Thor - 01-09-2013, 01:55 AM