the Rift

formidable gifts {Destrier}

Peixos Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 Hands :: 4 Years Old
Tay

peixos & raimo

Methane swirls in our nostrils, drinking us away as the stench climbs highest in the Tallsun heat. Mist veils us as locusts and cicadas churn up a sweaty sound that beats into our eardrums. It blooms in our heads, the echo in our miserable hearts. My hooves are slow. Squelching mire in my frog slows my pace and I swat at irritating mosquitoes, drinking away, feasting at my underbelly. Raimo is lucky enough to be flying, almost hovering in small circles above, entranced as well by the heat that sifts through the spotlight trees. It is downright ugly here, green in gooey spots, termite brown in others, but the eeriness of the only bright thing here eats away in my brain, and that is the humid fog stagnant in the air.

It wraps us up like a cocoon, cradling me in an umber on the narrow path. It barely holds me, sliding off into the mire that I swear has hands. I am cautious because I'm unaware of the depths that spiral below in a churning umbrage of bones. Raimo tells me of the clear lake off to the side and how the mist seems to dance on the water, sifting to the Tyndall effect, thus not letting light pass to the surface. My mocha eyes strain to see into the marsh, finding not an ounce of life save for the deadly sigh of cicadas and locusts. I cringe at the thought of one landing in the middle of my face with such a vulgar sound erupting from such a vile mouth. 'Who the hell would live here?' Raimo's voice splits my concentration. I halt in the narrow path and lock hard eyes with him above, trying to find room to turn back and find a way back to the massive clearing. 'I have no fucking idea,' my irritation plummeted in my brain claiming Raimo's like a shadow to sun.
venomxbaby | Colourize-Stock

mama told me when i was young
come sit beside me, my only son
and listen closely to what i say
and if you do this
it'll help you some sunny day

Messages In This Thread
formidable gifts {Destrier} - by Peixos - 02-22-2013, 08:27 PM
RE: formidable gifts {Destrier} - by Destrier - 02-24-2013, 05:56 AM
RE: formidable gifts {Destrier} - by Peixos - 03-24-2013, 07:48 AM
RE: formidable gifts {Destrier} - by Destrier - 04-02-2013, 07:39 PM
RE: formidable gifts {Destrier} - by Peixos - 06-06-2013, 05:00 PM