the Rift

white and black [valka, acceptance]

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

Snö
and when you see me, you will freeze

It had taken, roughly, a week to travel to the North from the forest deep and dark. Moving across frozen wasteland, where the air freezes and stabs at the lungs, even under the chilled white light of the sun, where oxygen scrapes and squeals across the tender flesh of your throat, and your exhale is twisting, pale clouds that go twirling and spiralling upwards. Snö had slowly became to know Valka, over the long, tiring trek, and found she enjoyed the refreshing presence of the black, long-legged gazelle that was so foreign to the idea of many unicorns surviving together. Some time earlier, Tarak had joined them, and so came the familiar click-click of bronzed claws tapping on rock and snow.

They reached the Basin in early afternoon, following the meandering stone trail, of rugged broken rock and crunched gravel and slate. Slowly it had warmed as they entered the sheltered valley in the mountains, where the snow melted and the only sounds were the dripping plip-plop of icicles sullenly crying in the deepest shadows of the cave pocking the deep gray mountains. Green grass grew lush and deep under the hoof, thickening into a sweet carpet.

"Here we are, Valka," Snö annouced, halting at the rim of the path leading to the valley. Even if an outsider was with her, it was always best to wait until one of the higher members in the herd arrived, for safety's sake, even if the black gazelle, as Snö had come to think of her, was a unicorn. Snö was in pristine condition as always, even despite the long traveling. Her wolf came to a halt beside her pale, creamy body. "We just have to wait for a leader to come. She should be here soon- she's my mother, Lady Psyche the Dark Empress. Soon she'll come, I'm sure." Because Psyche would never miss out on meeting a new member. Except, of course, if someone else came to handle it.

Messages In This Thread
white and black [valka, acceptance] - by Snö - 03-24-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: white and black [valka, acceptance] - by Snö - 04-01-2013, 01:11 PM