the Rift

[OPEN] So you missed the intro? No worries, so did I.

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

My body had grown stronger, more able with each new dawn. The air chilled at night, frosting our home with flakes of snow. I stood upon the ice with confidence born from having fallen thrice upon it, the ground was covered in a winter annual that didn’t easily die from orangemoon’s plummeting temperatures. This place was becoming easier to maneuver, I stumbled alot less and fell rarely. My limbs could manage rocks and bramble, sleet and snow. Ice had been a recent discovery that firstly sent my body sprawling with limbs stretched in all four different directions.

Falling flat on your stomach hurt something terrible, it knocked the air out of my lungs leaving behind a burning sensation that was altogether unpleasant. I had rolled/scrambled to my feet and stood up only to fall again. My third attempt had been much less graceful but also more beneficial in staying upright. The slippery frost and ice didn’t seem to get along with tiny immature hooves. I stepped carefully, knowing that this had been my own doing when my exploration had lead my away from mother who was currently on the other side of our thicket. Or so I guessed. She was close, I could feel her mind nearby. Or so I guessed.

One step at a time, until I was on ground that didn’t slip my feet out from under belly. Eventually the soil grew softer and more accepting of baby shoes. Just another afternoon in this complicated world where I spent my days trying to figure out the smallest things. Like walking straight.
credits

Messages In This Thread
So you missed the intro? No worries, so did I. - by Sielu - 04-12-2013, 02:03 PM