the Rift

[OPEN] These Walls

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

"Suli, be careful!" I called out as I trailed after my newly bonded green, who seemed to be having the time of her life as she soared just out of reach of me. It wasn't that I minded her flying around and having fun, but I was simply worried; she was still so young, hardly a week old as of yet, and I couldn't help but fret about her safety. I knew the capabilities of foals when they were born, what they could and couldn't withstand, but when it came to dragons... Well, did I look like I had any experience?

As if trying to taunt me, Suli had zoned in on a rather pathetic looking sapling and took perch upon one of the thinner branches at the bottom, but she had gravely overestimated just how high this said tree sat above the ground. As I drew to a steady walk and then a halt, I could have sworn I heard some form of cackling coming from her. Much to her chagrin, however, as she turned her head to undoubtedly mock me, she instead found herself at eye level with me. A grin pulled at my lips as I watched her face fall, the spines lining her back seeming to droop in equal defeat. I couldn't help but chuckle softly.

Although her hatching had been recent, we seemed to have already grown so close together. My eyes were always on her, my mind always yearning to know just where she was at all times. The mental bond that we would one day form was not there yet, so I had to rely on my more basic senses to keep me aware of her location. She was not too bad, for she had not yet wandered off in the night like my beloved son had on several occasions. I didn't love him any less for doing it... But it had nearly given me a heart attack every time I woke to find him missing.

"Come, Suli," I spoke gently, not reprimanding in the least, "Let's see just where we've managed to get ourselves this time. I don't believe I've ventured here before." As I extended my muzzle towards the young hatchling, she seemed to pick up on just what I wanted, and she was more than happy to comply. Dropping down, she used the hand-like appendages that were formed at the joint of her wings to grasp my forelock, using my nose to bridge herself from the tree limb to her favored spot on my poll. Only once she was settled did I turn and venture further into the land, and it didn't take long for me to begin wondering just where we had ended up.

No longer was there grass beneath my feet, but hard rock, somewhat similar to the footing often found in the Edge. Unlike my misty home, however, this rock was not smooth and was rather unpleasant beneath my feet, thanks to a life spent wearing iron shoes upon my hooves. But still I pressed on, ever curious to roam the expanse that was Helovia.

With the lack of grass also came a lack of any obvious water source, which was honestly no surprise in this rocky landscape. There was little foliage beyond that whimpy sapling, and what was here was sure to be tasteless and unfilling. As I moved further into the unknown area, I felt the cool chill of Orangemoon beginning to wane, replaced by a warmth that strangely reminded me of my morning patrols during Birdsong. While I would have dismissed it as nothing more than a strange, natural phenomena I was unaware of, I found the actual reason a little further into my adventure.

A crater lay ahead, a massive one that was giving off the very heat that pierced my hide. I could feel Suli picking herself up to get a better view as we neared it, and while I wondered just what it looked like in the depths of the fire pit, I wouldn't dare to do such a thing while with my young passenger. I stepped no closer to it than two-hundred yards away, for from there I could hear and even see the crater spit magma up into the air, only for it to fall back into the depths a second later.

A deep, curious sound resonated from Suli as she took in the fiery sight before us. I could feel her curiosity, her desire to get closer to the Heart, but I trusted her to stay where she was. This bond was still all new to me, but I took the advice I had heard from other bonded pairs and used it to the best of my abilities. With a gentle exhale, I tried to send her a wave of reassurance.

"Maybe when you are older."

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
These Walls - by Destrier - 05-19-2013, 11:38 AM
RE: These Walls - by Nyx - 05-24-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: These Walls - by Laila - 05-25-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: These Walls - by Destrier - 05-28-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: These Walls - by Laila - 06-05-2013, 07:47 PM
RE: These Walls - by Destrier - 06-11-2013, 08:43 PM