You are the thunder and I am the lightening

Zuri Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Be careful making wishes in the dark

I've got the scars from tomorrow and I wish you could see
My childhood spat back out the monster that you see

TAG: Anyone!

NOTES: Hey everybody! I don't really care which herd she ends up in, I'm just excited to get back to roleplaying =)

WORDS: 566

Brittle leaves quietly swirled to the damp ground in a rich array of colors, gently shaken from their branches as the trees were swayed by a soft, cool breeze. They rustled ever so slightly, bumping and brushing against each other, briefly touching to create the softest of sounds before landing almost silently to be trod upon by large, unforgiving hooves. The ground was still wet and pliable from the previous night's rainfall, thus easily imprinted by these same hooves, leaving perfect crescent shapes as her only trail. There was only the slightest of rustles as she moved through the cool forest, disturbing dry leaves beneath her.

Delicate nostrils flared as she breathed in the crisp morning air, the smell of cleanliness and freshness that was only possible after a storm awakening her senses. The whole forest smelled fresh and new; pristine. It was her favorite smell probably in the entire world and she breathed it in deeply as she walked, quietly wandering through the tall trunks.

Her rich chocolate bay coat blended well with the dark wood and rich colors of Orangemoon. She still had her slick, shiny coat from the warmer months, but would soon begin growing a thicker, warmer layer in preparation for the cold months to come. The white hairs that speckled her flanks and barrel in a roan and brindle like pattern were a stark contrast to her otherwise dark pelt, and her tail was much the same being mostly black and edged in bright white with a white tail head. A typical pattern for rabicanos, but not come across that often. Or, at least from what she'd seen, but then again, Zuri was a rather solitary mare by nature ever since she'd severed ties with her "mother". If you could even call the brutal mare that. The scars that littered the graceful mare's rump and flanks as well as the long, ropy scar across her chest could be attributed to the mare who'd given birth to her.

Zuri's wandering soon brought her upon a trickling stream and she stopped, dipping her head to the clear liquid and lightly touching her velvet lips to its surface, sipping leisurely. Thick, wavy black locks fell forward to veil her eyes; one varying shades of blue, the other so dark brown it was almost black. Dainty ears flicked back and forth atop her fine head, straining to catch every little sound, hard muscles tensed to jump into action should anything seem amiss.

Having drunk her fill, the thickly built mare lifted her head, shaking the wild hair from her half blazed face. She gave the area another quick glance, and her ears having heard nothing to make her move on, she cocked her ivory dipped back leg and relaxed, sighing heavily. She was quite content to rest here for the time being. Her long wavy tail swished absentmindedly against her flanks, more out of habit than anything else. She'd spent most of the night walking, exploring her new surroundings in the safety and solitude of the dark. This was the first time she'd ever lingered in a place this long; she'd been here for almost a week already. But she couldn't yet bring herself to move on. Strange for the nomadic mare, but maybe, just maybe, this would be the place where she could finally settle and call it home. Maybe.

credit to tom felton at caution

Messages In This Thread
You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Zuri - 05-21-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Accalia - 05-22-2013, 05:10 AM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Zuri - 05-23-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Accalia - 05-24-2013, 08:44 AM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Zuri - 05-24-2013, 01:19 PM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Accalia - 05-26-2013, 07:37 AM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Accalia - 05-27-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Zuri - 05-29-2013, 07:58 PM