the Rift

[OPEN] Danger Zone [Valka]

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

Anti-Murdock

Murdock wasn’t exactly sure just how long he had been lost on the Steppe, but it certainly had been long enough. He was tired and cold and his mood was ten times fouler than it normally was, and he was desperate to get away from all the bloody snow. Despite having come across a guide upon the barren wasteland, his spirits were hardly any higher even though things were finally looking up. He was looking forward to finding out where exactly he was, and getting back home where he belonged.

He could tell she was glad to get moving again; he still noticed these things, though they mattered little to him. He, of course, was lazy and tired, and his muscles ached with each faltering step he took across the uneven ground. The grey snow was awash with a pale amber light as the sun rose higher into the sky, peeking out from behind the clouds as if to watch them as they made their way across the steppe. The wind that tore at his back was no more welcome than a thorn beneath his skin, but Murdock did his best to ignore it despite the shivers that shook his body.

Clearly this mare knew where she was going, though he still could not figure out how exactly she was able to navigate the barren, snowy plain. He had no idea where she was taking him, either, but he only hoped that she was leading him in the direction of warmer territory as he had requested. For now, he did his best to appreciate the dull scenery and take his mind off the bite of the cold. A mere nod was offered in response to her name, but he said nothing else. It didn’t bother him that she hadn’t asked after his name in return, as he didn’t feel any need to fully introduce himself.

“Where are you from?” He asked finally, breaking the bitter silence with his rough voice. The wind stung into his eyes and he turned his head away from her, blinking against the cold and pulling his downy wings against himself. He guessed her home was not far off, otherwise it wouldn’t make sense for her to be way out here in the first place. Who would want to subject themselves to this terrible weather and less-than-desirable scenery? He certainly wouldn’t.

“And…just where exactly are you taking me? All I see is snow for miles and miles around”. A suspicious frown crept onto his face as he turned back toward her, looking the slender mare up and down once more as if re-analyzing her. Perhaps she was lost, after all. Maybe she had absolutely no clue where they were going, and they were going to end up in the clutches of a foul band of savages. Of course, Murdock was not afraid of such an ending, but he would much rather make it home alive.

He hadn’t yet considered the possibility that she was lying or perhaps leading him into a trap. He was unaware that the gradual change of scenery and sudden presence of grasses and hot springs signified their entrance into herd land, though he noticed a change of scent on the frigid air. However, he was too oblivious or perhaps too stupid to realize where he was being taken and just what kind of trouble he could be getting into. Instead, he kept close to the dark mare’s side, listening for her answer over the dying moan of the wind and carefully watching his step.

"talk talk talk"

(Continued from here)

Lift my spirit, take me higher, make me fly,
Touch the moon up in the sky

Image Credit
x

Messages In This Thread
Danger Zone [Valka] - by Murdock - 05-22-2013, 11:55 PM
RE: Danger Zone [Valka] - by Valka - 05-23-2013, 08:51 PM
RE: Danger Zone [Valka] - by Murdock - 05-25-2013, 09:35 PM