[PRIVATE] Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
It is quiet, Akaith.

Indeed.

Too quiet. What is happening to us?

We are getting too comfortable with our own lot.

Hmmm.

As always, the conversation was spoken between souls, silent to all but the dark femme who stood on the edge of the cliff, and the golden dragon who rested upon her withers. It was dawn, and the Sun was setting over the western horizon that she looked at. It was twilight, and the mists were thickening in the forest behind her. With a small smile on her lips, the mare bowed her crown to her chest, and hummed a low song, which her companion shared with her curious melody.

The tattoo upon her nape began to take on a glow. It seemed to grow, to cover her body, until she stood there looking much like her daughter, Amaris, an equine body scaled with golden skin. It was through this quiet song that she suffered through the pain that consumed her during this process, the change that crawled over her like wildfire. Within moments, wings protruded from her shoulder blades, her tail grew to an extraordinary length, her nape followed suit in the opposite direction, and a golden dragon replaced the position of the shadowy mare.

In the twilight, the dragon let out a call. Turning herself about, so that she was facing the clearing where she hoped her herd would gather, her tail draping over the cliffside, she and Akaith summoned those who would call themselves habitants of the World's Edge - the Qian.

"My kin," she began with her smooth voice, after she waited for her beloved family to gather. In the crowd she could easily spy her daughters, her mate, her brothers. She knew that some of her kin were in the Throat - she would deliver this message to them as soon as she was able to.

"We have grown too quiet - the time has come for us to spread our message, our hope for equality across Helovia." She paused. "I have always spoken of a balance, a cosmic equilibrium. Forever I have longed to ensure that this balance is maintained, forever I have strived to play an active role in its maintenance.

"Power comes in many forms, and with power, comes the ability to shift this balance. The power of knowledge - and the wisdom to know when that knowledge should be used - is one that I have the utmost respect for."
Here, she spared a glance to those who had followed the calling of stealth and shadows - the Wraiths of the herd. Their Spectre, Ink, was currently in the Throat, at least, as far as the WeyrLeader knew. "Magic is another, obvious power, that few of us are given the opportunity to earn, or be gifted with - some of us, are even privileged enough to be blessed with it at birth. The magic that lends up abilities we otherwise wouldn't have, or that of the soulbinding spell cast between one and their companion, is equal in my mind of power."

"Magic is to be treasured, it is to be respected, admired and wielded with the utmost care. Magic is what has allowed my daughters to grow up with their mother,"
she cast a fond gaze to her beloved friend, Torasin, "magic allows me to feel everything Akaith feels, a bond which many of you have experienced. We are privileged, my kin, and I wish to share these privileges with others."

"To those among us who seek magic for themselves, I encourage you wholeheartedly, and offer myself to your cause - ask what you will of me, and if I can provide it, it is yours. I hope that others will do the same for their kin. But I seek to affect an even larger community than that which calls our misty lands home. I wish to ask all of you to offer the Qian's aid to others who seek magic for themselves - ensuring of course, you think they would treat that magic with respect and wisdom."

Here, she paused for an extended period, to allow her request to settle upon their minds, to allow any who had questions to voice them to her now, to see just who would stand tall and truly help show the world just what the Qian was all about.

"What say you, Qian?"

[ ooc :: OKAY!
This is for currently accepted members of the World's Edge Herd/the Qian only. To those who are in the Throat - you are welcome to post here (seeing as the season is almost over) or else I shall organise a way to get the message to you.
More information on what Mirage is talking about can be found HERE!
It would be helpful if someone could ask Mirage whether they should expect some kind of payment for their aid.. -nudgenudge-
I will be posting Mirage next on Tuesday 30th May - and thereafter the meeting will be closed to new participants on Saturday the 4th June - so please get your replies in as soon as you can, even if they aren't spectacular, at least your character will have access to this information officially IC :) ]

Messages In This Thread
Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Mirage - 05-25-2013, 09:23 AM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Laila - 05-27-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Kaj - 05-28-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Sulwyn - 05-29-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Mikali - 05-30-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Thor - 05-30-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Lace - 06-04-2013, 03:34 PM