the Rift

[OPEN] Useful Things to Know [Protectors, interested herd members]

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
A few days had passed since she'd stood here last, half surrounded by eager horses wanting to learn the tricks of her trade. Now again she stood poised beside a shelf of stone laden with herbs, but not so many this time. Warmed by campfire, she studied the samples she'd picked for this new batch of students, considering what they would be wise to know. At last, grudgingly satified with the samples she had to work with, she looked up and called out.

She beckoned to her herdmates. Leaders, protectors, crafters... any and all who wanted to know the basics in keeping themselves alive and in one piece long enough to heal on their own or see a healer. This gathering was one she wasn't sure of, uncertain who all would come to learn what she had to teach.

Yet she stood still and silent, watching and listening for them to trickle in. "I was asked to teach you, all of you. Asked to instruct you in how to tend your wounds, ease your pains. Your bruises, your sprains. Your cuts, your burns. I do not expect you to learn all the healing herbs, only a bare few that will help you stay alive, make the moments more bearable before your hurts can be seen by someone who can heal you." Her gaze drifted through the gathering, cool and firm. "If any of you have any questions or suggestions, they are more than welcome. I do not know what you know, what skills you possess. Some of this might be things you already know, but I would ask you to share that knowledge and what I'm about to share with others who did not come here at this time. It may save lives."

Messages In This Thread
Useful Things to Know [Protectors, interested herd members] - by Smoke - 07-24-2013, 12:25 AM